PDA

View Full Version : Need a really good bug melter - ECH2O doesn't touch bugs

Pages : [1] 2

Lance Mark
06-09-2021, 11:08 AM
ECH20 is worthless for bug removal. Maybe if I get my fingernail pressed against the MF cloth and scrape it off, then it seems to work....lol.

Anyhow, best thing I've found so far is HD brand Bug Remover. Any other suggestions?

Maybe was I hoping for too much from a rinseless wash? Should I plan a two step every time? First a bug remover, than a wash?

Even tiny bugs won't come off with ECH2O, if anything it seems to cement them onto the surface. Using at a 10:1 dilution.

glen e
06-09-2021, 11:14 AM
Yeah I think you’re asking for too much, Ech20 is adding protection, it’s not there to dissolve stuff like bugs. The best bug melter I’ve ever seen is poor boys bug squash… Spray that on , wait 5 and then wipe….get it clean and then put the ech20 on and you’ll have protection plus a clean surface.

The other alternative is a thin microfiber towel that you can lay on the bugs, that is the hottest water that you can stand, wait 30 seconds and the bugs release.

Desertnate
06-09-2021, 11:22 AM
ECH2O is a waterless/rinseless wash and a quick detailer. It's not designed to handle difficult bug messes.

A good bug remover like Poorboys World Bug Squash is needed before you start washing. In the buggy seasons I always keep my bug scrubber and a bottle of Bug Squash on hand when doing a wash.

The nice thing about Bug Squash is it comes in a concentrate you can dilute. This makes it really economical.

I'm getting ready to try out 3D's bug remover to see how well it works.

Texchappy
06-09-2021, 11:30 AM
On your other thread I suggested the Gyeon Bug & Grime since you have CanCoat on your bike. Gtechniq & CarPro also make products to remove bugs from coating.

Bruno Soares
06-09-2021, 12:28 PM
I have CarPro BugOut but I rarely use that, with the car being coated the bug guts just come off so easy I haven't needed anything to help. Of course your area might have different bugs and you might wait longer to remove them which helps them get stuck to the paint.

Texchappy
06-09-2021, 12:31 PM
Also forgot to mention, dwell time can be a real weapon (for both sides). I sometimes wet a piece of paper towel in APC or Rinseless/waterless and stick it over the the corpse. A minute or two later it’s softer and much easier to remove safely.

Lance Mark
06-09-2021, 01:34 PM
Also forgot to mention, dwell time can be a real weapon (for both sides). I sometimes wet a piece of paper towel in APC or Rinseless/waterless and stick it over the the corpse. A minute or two later it’s softer and much easier to remove safely.

Kinda how i'm doing it....take a mf cloth, soak it and just lay it over the surface and let it stick and sit for a spell, then they soften up

appreciate the responses and suggestions

John U
06-09-2021, 02:09 PM
I find Black Fire bugblocker is a great base if you don't mind smearing it on the front end before hitting the highway. BF bug remover does a good job after the fact..... just don't let it dry.

FUNX650
06-09-2021, 03:02 PM
So, you say need a
really good bug melter…

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/31714B10-CFDE-4A36-B4DE-BA81A5E202B0.jpeg

•Or one of these will also do the trick:
-Sonax Insect Remover
-Mothers Speed Foaming Bug & Tar Remover
-Bug Off
-Bugs N All

:idea:
Search here:
Auto Geek- Your Car Wax SuperStore, Car Wax, Auto Detailing Supplies , Car Accessories, Car Buffers Store, We Are Car Care (https://www.autogeek.net/searchresults.html?catalog=autogeek&query=Bug+removers&submit=Go&.autodone=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.autogeek.net%2Fabout-diamondite-glass-polish.html#?query=Bug+removers&keywords=Bug+removers&search_return=all)

Bob

kb2ehj
06-09-2021, 04:21 PM
Poor boys Bug Squash. Great stuff and cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

57Rambler
06-09-2021, 04:33 PM
I sometimes wet a piece of paper towel in APC or Rinseless/waterless and stick it over the the corpse. A minute or two later it’s softer and much easier to remove safely.

:xyxthumbs: Been doing the same thing for literally decades but I've always just used hot water as the "wetting" agent.

As for a dedicated product, I've tried CarPro Bug Out and SONAX Insect Remover, with a slight nod to the Bug Out.

I'm gonna throw a bottle of Bug Squash in my order for this current sale, as the spring/summer is off to a pretty "buggy" start here in the OH ... and the cicadas are just getting going. :wowwow:

robwoodgto
06-09-2021, 09:51 PM
In my experience most bug removers do the job. Some will state to put it in your wash but I never do. I’m using chemical guys bug and tar remover wash and spray it on then let it dwell. Usually they wash off pretty easy. Griots has worked well for me in the past.

On my coated car and my two uncoated cars, like I’ve stated in another thread just apply 845 to the front cap and side mirrors and they slide off with a spritz of Ech20. Just went out and tested all the cars and you would think I’m a magician. Eazy peazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Coatingsarecrack
06-10-2021, 02:47 AM
I don’t have the major bug problems some of you have down south but I have found a foaming waterless wash with better dwell time works for the bigs in the NorthWest.

Foam on and let dwell while cleaning rest of car. Comeback and clean off.

Not as chemically harsh to the paint. I use Ammo but AG has a interesting product from American Detailer Garage. It’s called Fuzion and can be used for a bucket wash or as a foaming waterless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lance Mark
06-10-2021, 09:26 AM
FTR, ECH2O is good stuff. I've used it to handle some minor road dust. It is pretty lubey, and is good for gently removing brake and road dust from the rims with a mf.

I am still learning. After sealing the bike, i'd hoped I could maintain the bike without soaking it down every time. For light dust and as a QD, ECH2O is a great product and I'll definitely use it.

I was so happy with the CanCoat, i'll give their Bug and Grime stuff a try, I appreciate the reminder.

robwoodgto
06-10-2021, 05:43 PM
I use Ammo but AG has a interesting product from American Detailer Garage. It’s called Fuzion and can be used for a bucket wash or as a foaming waterless.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never knew American Detailer Garage or Fuzion existed. I really wish that Mike or someone from AG would do some videos showcasing products available on AG by category. There sure are a lot of hybrid washes out now.

I currently use CG Hydrosuds or Griots and am very happy with those. But I so seldom ever do a traditional wash or foaming instead of a rinseless wash with Ech20 I’m just not looking for other products.

I’m definitely interested in the ammo products.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)