PDA

View Full Version : WG Sealant's question

Mike T
07-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Do they (Paste/Spray) have any kinda fillers in them? A month or two in, would it help cover signs of micro imperfections.
My last detail I topped Wg with a LS and currently rewax every 1 to 3 weeks. That caurnuba covers really helps. For my next detail I'd like to test not topping with a carb. Just use WGDG and follow up regularly with the Spray booster.

ScottB
07-18-2006, 08:49 PM
I have never noticed any real filling ability with Wolfgang spray/liquid (there is no paste). You can use the Finishing Glaze prior if needed for some filling. It is more of a finishing polish to gem the surface.

http://www.autogeek.net/finishing-glaze.html

scooterguitar
07-18-2006, 08:58 PM
killr, would that have as much filling as say RMG or a #7?

Mike T
07-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Yeah I noticed that I wrote the wrong thing.
Damn so I should stick with topping it with a carb. Or I guess down the road when the imperfections start to show I could then start using a wax.

ScottB
07-19-2006, 06:23 AM
killr, would that have as much filling as say RMG or a #7?

nope ... it actually has very little filling ability, its more of an light polish. Menzerna also makes a sealant happy glaze, but never used it. There does not appear to be many, but then again, I really dont see the need for glazes with the newer sealants and waxes. Plenty of gloss and/or wetness.

TGates
09-06-2006, 02:12 PM
I swear the DGS filled in some minor cobwebbing on the gas tank of my motorcycle.

Reddwarf
09-06-2006, 02:44 PM
What about using the Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer?
http://www.autogeek.net/wg2000.html
I just ordered a bottle. The description says:

It minimizes swirls and scratches in the paint, making them seem to disappear. When you’ve completed polishing, your car’s surface will be clean and glass-smooth—the best possible surface for applying wax.

I thought I would apply this next tie before the WDGS.

RTexasF
10-08-2006, 01:25 PM
I use the Wolfgang Polish and like it a great deal. In my experience it is light duty and shouldn't be expected to remove bad marring regardless of the pad used.