PDA

View Full Version : Quick detailer for satin vinyl wrap with ceramic coating

volcanicflarem3
06-04-2021, 09:22 AM
Hi Mike,

I just recently got my car wrapped in a vinyl with a satin finish (3M Satin Flip Volcanic Flare) and then also got a ceramic coating applied. What are some proper quick detailers that I can use? I looked at a few different quick detailers from Chemical Guys but I'm not certain which one would be the proper one to use (if any). Do you have any recommendations? Note that it does not necessarily have to be Chemical Guys.

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Lee

glen e
06-04-2021, 11:31 AM
I have never liked chemical guys stuff, I have no idea why they have such a huge following. I think the stuff to use is car pro elixir, it’s a great quick detailer with a little bit of ceramic added . Works great. Read about it in the store.

The Guz
06-04-2021, 11:43 AM
What coating was applied?

Rsurfer
06-04-2021, 12:46 PM
Hi Mike,

I just recently got my car wrapped in a vinyl with a satin finish (3M Satin Flip Volcanic Flare) and then also got a ceramic coating applied. What are some proper quick detailers that I can use? I looked at a few different quick detailers from Chemical Guys but I'm not certain which one would be the proper one to use (if any). Do you have any recommendations? Note that it does not necessarily have to be Chemical Guys.

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Lee

Thank God on the CG and welcome.

volcanicflarem3
06-04-2021, 01:38 PM
What coating was applied?

Ceramic Pro PPF & Vinyl

volcanicflarem3
06-04-2021, 01:46 PM
I have never liked chemical guys stuff, I have no idea why they have such a huge following. I think the stuff to use is car pro elixir, it’s a great quick detailer with a little bit of ceramic added . Works great. Read about it in the store.

Ok thanks - I'll check it out. My concern though is that it sounds like this product is for high gloss finishes. Mine is a satin finish so I'm not looking for something that gives extra gloss. Perhaps my concern is unfounded, but I was looking for a quick detailer that is meant for satin or matte finishes.

fly07sti
06-04-2021, 01:57 PM
Elixir won’t make your satin vinyl shiny.
But if you want to make sure you’re not adding any type of gloss enhancers, use something like ONR or McKee’s N914.

volcanicflarem3
06-04-2021, 03:12 PM
Elixir won’t make your satin vinyl shiny.
But if you want to make sure you’re not adding any type of gloss enhancers, use something like ONR or McKee’s N914.

Ok, I'll check out those products as well. Thanks.

DUBL0WS6
06-04-2021, 04:42 PM
Maybe try Mothers VLR

Shane731
06-04-2021, 05:32 PM
Matte Car Care Products (https://www.autogeek.net/matte-car-care-products.html)

volcanicflarem3
06-07-2021, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the link :xyxthumbs:

Coatingsarecrack
06-08-2021, 04:19 AM
Dr Beasley’s has an extensive line of Matte Products. It’s what Dodge recommends on their satin finished parts of Challenger’s and Charger’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

volcanicflarem3
06-08-2021, 02:07 PM
Dr Beasley’s has an extensive line of Matte Products. It’s what Dodge recommends on their satin finished parts of Challenger’s and Charger’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks - I'll check them out.

Mike Phillips
06-10-2021, 09:11 AM
Here's a few things that will work,

SONAX PNS
Dr. Beasley's LS-10
SONAX Brilliant Shine

Sorry for the late reply, I've been offline working and traveling and then I took a day off to recharge the batteries.

Who's going? Southern Detailer's Conference - June 5th & 6th - Lexington, Kentucky (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions-/128936-whos-going-southern-detailers-conference-june-5th-6th-lexington-kentucky.html)

:cheers:

volcanicflarem3
06-14-2021, 12:51 PM
Here's a few things that will work,

SONAX PNS
Dr. Beasley's LS-10
SONAX Brilliant Shine

Sorry for the late reply, I've been offline working and traveling and then I took a day off to recharge the batteries.

Who's going? Southern Detailer's Conference - June 5th & 6th - Lexington, Kentucky (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions-/128936-whos-going-southern-detailers-conference-june-5th-6th-lexington-kentucky.html)

:cheers:

Thanks Mike!