PDA

View Full Version : Are any of you using aerosol tire dressings?

Pages : [1] 2

vaca22
06-01-2021, 09:05 AM
Please don't laugh at me.

Up until a few weeks ago I've been using Meguiar's Endurance gel for my tires. The bottle is at least 10 years old but the product within it is just fine. For fun, I purchased Hyper Dressing and have really been enjoying the ease of application over the gel. The shine is good, it gives the rubber an entirely different type of look which I have enjoyed. It looks more...I don't know...sophisticated.

So my neighbor shows up with his wheels dressed, and they had a nice shine (a shimmer, some might even call it), so of course I asked him what he used. And of course he had no idea, until a few days later he sends me a pic - it's NXT Insane Shine.

I actually liked the look of this product, but I couldn't tell by the picture if it was old and discontinued. My car is sparkling white with chrome wheels, and I feel like a glossier tire dressing works best. I came to the conclusion that I don't need my tires to look soaking wet.

Back in the day I used to use some spray-on foaming product that did the trick. I never cleaned the rubber, just sprayed that stuff on and let the foam drag all that brown grime away. And I remember also using Eagle One Tire Wet or something like that which came in a spray bottle, and it had an amazing cherry scent.

I stopped at a few chain stores to see what products they had. It's interesting to see what products each store typically carries, and apparently the selection varies greatly from store to store. I did find some aerosol tire sprays, but I wanted to get some opinions on what is good, or looks good, and what I should really stay away from. I wasn't smart enough back then to consider wiping off excess or knocking a dressing down with a towel, so slinging was never really an issue.

So the question is, are aerosol spray dressing still a thing? If so, do you like a particular brand? I happened to mention a bunch of Meguiar's products just now, but that's only because they seem to be most prevalent and accessible to me in a pinch.

glen e
06-01-2021, 09:08 AM
For years I used tire coat and thought it was a very good product. But now I bought six cans of aerosol black magic, and like that. I use it with a wheel shield called RimBrim… Quick, easy and gives me a nice new non-gloss look.

PA DETAILER
06-01-2021, 09:34 AM
Never used a aerosol tire shine that did not sling off to the paint. They look great upon application, then sling shots everywhere. LOL.

opie
06-01-2021, 09:36 AM
Used to use the black magic for years...until i realized it assisted in the drying out of tires. Switched to megs m40 and apply with paint brush. Super fast and easy, no extra time needed to wipe down wheels after. Plus conditions rubber:xyxthumbs:

JDGolden
06-01-2021, 09:46 AM
Sometimes I use Griots Satin black. I wipe off excess after 5-10 minutes.

glen e
06-01-2021, 10:06 AM
Never had a problem with tires slinging anything I’ve ever used, I usually do them after dinner and not drive the car until the next day.

evo77
06-01-2021, 12:05 PM
Sometimes I use Griots Satin black. I wipe off excess after 5-10 minutes.

Same here! And I switch between Griots Satin and Stoner More Shine. With both I wipe off excess.

I think Scott H youtube channel rated the Griots high with durability and no sling in his tire dressing test.

bob m
06-01-2021, 01:12 PM
I used Griot's Satin, worked as expected and no sling.

JDGolden
06-01-2021, 03:07 PM
Same here! And I switch between Griots Satin and Stoner More Shine. With both I wipe off excess.

I think Scott H youtube channel rated the Griots high with durability and no sling in his tire dressing test.

I used Griot's Satin, worked as expected and no sling.

Nice! It’s a good product. I love the smell of it lol.

PaulMys
06-01-2021, 04:46 PM
Another vote for the Griot's Black Satin.

Makes applying tire shine to my wife's Nitto Grapplers on her Wrangler a breeze.

Even with a brush, I cannot imagine trying to hand-apply a dressing to those gnarly-ass things.

DUBL0WS6
06-01-2021, 08:01 PM
Griots Black Satin has pretty decent durability.

I bought a can of Meguairs Ultimate Black tire coating. Put some on a set of new tires. Sprayed and wiped with an applicator. Nice and black and no sling. Durability is to be determined. The can is too small for truck tires. Stick with Griots for trucks.

robwoodgto
06-01-2021, 11:54 PM
Griots Black Satin has pretty decent durability.

I bought a can of Meguairs Ultimate Black tire coating. Put some on a set of new tires. Sprayed and wiped with an applicator. Nice and black and no sling. Durability is to be determined. The can is too small for truck tires. Stick with Griots for trucks.

Does it dry to the touch? I currently use Endurance and I would like to try a product that dries to the touch.

RTexasF
06-02-2021, 09:17 AM
Stoner's More Shine.

Bobby B.
06-02-2021, 09:22 AM
Aerosol Tire Dressings are still very popular. I mostly see them being used on trucks with off-road tires. Blackfire, Duragloss, Stoner, Griot's Garage, and Meguiar's offer tire dressings in aerosol cans. I prefer to use the Blackfire Multi-Surface Dressing Concentrate on tires since i can dilute and control the amount of gloss.

BLACKFIRE Multi-Surface Dressing Concentrate (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-multi-surface-dressing.html)

robwoodgto
06-02-2021, 10:14 AM
Aerosol Tire Dressings are still very popular. I mostly see them being used on trucks with off-road tires. Blackfire, Duragloss, Stoner, Griot's Garage, and Meguiar's offer tire dressings in aerosol cans. I prefer to use the Blackfire Multi-Surface Dressing Concentrate on tires since i can dilute and control the amount of gloss.

BLACKFIRE Multi-Surface Dressing Concentrate (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-multi-surface-dressing.html)

Looks like a product that I could be interested in. But when Mike does a sales/demonstration video on a product like a dressing I would like to know how the product is to the touch after application. Since it can be used on leather and vinyl I am assuming it dries to the touch.

Does it dry to the touch? Or do you find it dries differently based on the dilution ratios?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)