PDA

View Full Version : Migliore Vista

RevGTO
05-31-2021, 04:35 PM
This is a follow up to my previous thread https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101-a/129401-removing-glass-hard-water-staining.html

In brief, I used Ceriglass with steel wool to remove hard water water staining and etching on a car's windows. It was the only technique that worked after trying all the conventional remedies. But it left the glass hazy with micro-scratching.

I'd ordered some Migliore Vista in the hopes that a ceramic glass coating would hide the scratching. It wasn't advertised for that, but the reviews were good, and I hoped it would work like Cerakote ceramic headlight coating: you wipe it on and it turns the hazy scratched surface bright and clear again.

Migliore Vista exceeded my expectations. Not only did hide the scratching, it put a nice gloss finish on glass that was previously looking dull. Whereas before you could see the haziness and scratching easily under the lights, now you have to be at just the right angle in just the right light to see it.

I'm not going to win any awards at shows for best glass, but I'm very impressed with this product, which gave me a 80-85% correction. It certainly beats having to do the laborious polishing job it otherwise would have taken. I'm happy to apply this stuff once a year to keep my glass glossy.

It's not cheap at $55 a bottle, but well worth it. Half a bottle did all the windows on a Pontiac G8 which has a lot of glass area.

Coatingsarecrack
06-01-2021, 04:38 AM
The non AutoGeek product review police will be along shortly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RevGTO
06-05-2021, 02:50 AM
A caveat to my original post. It's been a week or so since I applied it and I've noticed that it still hasn't cured. When I take a cloth over a window it will still smear.

That being said, the car is in a storage garage and hasn't been out in sunlight and heat. Maybe that will firm it up. But for now, the jury is out as to the product.

craigdt
06-13-2021, 11:11 PM
A caveat to my original post. It's been a week or so since I applied it and I've noticed that it still hasn't cured. When I take a cloth over a window it will still smear.

That being said, the car is in a storage garage and hasn't been out in sunlight and heat. Maybe that will firm it up. But for now, the jury is out as to the product.

Is it possible you overapplied/too thickly?

RevGTO
06-18-2021, 09:27 PM
Possibly. Over time it seems to have cured more completely. It's been pretty hot lately.

But now the hazing & scratching has become more visible. Still better than before, though.