PDA

View Full Version : How to take care of Nappa Leather?

donnghia
05-31-2021, 09:23 AM
Hi, Can you suggest me some tips and what is the best product to take care of Nappa leather? it become wrinkles very quickly...

Many thanks !

FUNX650
05-31-2021, 11:59 AM
https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/CAF2C8A5-FA11-4142-BCBB-C7C367D83C51.jpeghttps://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/C5AEB83B-D4E9-4678-B640-7CC4A9C20CF8.jpeg

•I use Leather Master’s products to
Clean and Protect nappa leather
from the majority of environmental
and man-made contaminates.

-But so far I have never seen any
product that can be applied to
finished nappa leather that will
protect it from wrinkling/creasing.

RE: Leather wrinkles/creases.

•Just a fact of life
-It’s a natural material—supple, malleable.
-The more you use it, the more it conforms
to your body’s shape and movements.
-I count the wrinkling/creasing as part of the
overall pleasure of the “leather experience”.

Of course: YMMV.

Bob

Bill D
05-31-2021, 12:52 PM
I have a 25 year old leather sofa that has wrinkles and creases but that doesn't take away from its appeal at all. Leather Master makes fine products.

Texchappy
05-31-2021, 01:23 PM
Leather care is one of the most contentious areas of car detailing knowledge, probably the most. It ranges from ‘it’s coated so just a damp rag’ to full on leather systems. I lean to the latter. I use a product not on Autogeek - leather Doctor (roger koh). But I’ve tried lots of products, including Leather Master, and they all do pretty well.

Bill D
05-31-2021, 01:25 PM
The only thing is I hear it's like jumping through hoops trying to order from Roger Koh

Texchappy
05-31-2021, 02:33 PM
The only thing is I hear it's like jumping through hoops trying to order from Roger Koh

Been a while but I don’t remember it being difficult. My problem with it (and also the strength paradoxically enough) is that there are so many steps/products to keep track of.

Guz provided me some Adams Leather coating I’m going to try on my wife’s car. Reports to follow.

dgage
05-31-2021, 09:03 PM

I had no problem ordering earlier this year though shopping from Canada to TN took a couple weeks.