PDA

View Full Version : CQUK shelf life unopened bottle

nomercy346
05-30-2021, 10:03 AM
Hey y'all,

I have a set of CQUK that was made in 2016. Have never gotten around to using it and just found it in a drawer. Its been stored at room temperature in its original box ever since, bottles unopened they even still have the protective plastic still on them.

What's your opinion on using it? I'm thinking about trying it on my overland rig (2008 Grand Cherokee) as one bottle wouldn't be enough to do my truck with and they obviously dont sell the same stuff anymore, haha.

glen e
05-30-2021, 11:03 AM
A bottle I had that was not sealed well lasted 1 year.

Another bottle, opened but resealed well, is still good after 30 months….

So the answer is…..

Rsurfer
05-30-2021, 01:56 PM
Hey y'all,

I have a set of CQUK that was made in 2016. Have never gotten around to using it and just found it in a drawer. Its been stored at room temperature in its original box ever since, bottles unopened they even still have the protective plastic still on them.

What's your opinion on using it? I'm thinking about trying it on my overland rig (2008 Grand Cherokee) as one bottle wouldn't be enough to do my truck with and they obviously dont sell the same stuff anymore, haha.
Five years is a lot to ask, but if it isn't gelled it might be ok. If it was me I would use it for wheels.

FYI 50mls of Uk will easily do two coats on your Cherokee.

nomercy346
05-31-2021, 04:41 PM
Five years is a lot to ask, but if it isn't gelled it might be ok. If it was me I would use it for wheels.

FYI 50mls of Uk will easily do two coats on your Cherokee.

Guess I'll give it a go. It certainly is still liquid lol.

Haven't been up to date as of lately in the detailing world. What's the go to coating these days? When I bought the Jeep last year I just corrected it with my trusty Menzerna products on a DA and used Menz power lock afterwards. Should have just coated it back then but totally forgot about the CQUK. Its still in good shape, maybe had to wash it a handful of times since as I don't daily drive it. Just has a couple light pinstripes on the sides from a tight trail. Fine polish should make it almost perfect again.

Rsurfer
05-31-2021, 08:18 PM
Guess I'll give it a go. It certainly is still liquid lol.

Haven't been up to date as of lately in the detailing world. What's the go to coating these days? When I bought the Jeep last year I just corrected it with my trusty Menzerna products on a DA and used Menz power lock afterwards. Should have just coated it back then but totally forgot about the CQUK. Its still in good shape, maybe had to wash it a handful of times since as I don't daily drive it. Just has a couple light pinstripes on the sides from a tight trail. Fine polish should make it almost perfect again.

CQuartz UK is now 3.0 and still a top dog in the ceramic line up.