PDA

View Full Version : Neutralizing APC on carpet without extractor, is it possible?

duffthebluff
05-26-2021, 01:58 PM
Hello,

A lot of people (including me) use APC as a shampoo for carpets. I just found out that APC when left out without extracting would leave the carpets in an alkaline state wherein stains could just reappear when the left over APC is activated. Is there a way to neutralize the alkaline state without getting an extractor?

If I'm not going to use APC as a shampoo, are there other products you can recommend that I can use for cleaning whole carpets/upholsteries? Thanks!

crg001
05-26-2021, 03:56 PM
P&S has a carpet cleaning system that has three products - Terminator, an enzyme based stain remover; Carpet Bomber, a multi-purpose carpet shampoo; and Finisher, a peroxide-based oxidizer than neutralizes the pH of the previous products. Renny Doyle Double Black Finisher Peroxide Treatment (https://www.autogeek.net/renny-doyle-finisher-peroxide-128.html)

The video in that link has Mr. Doyle himself demoing the products. Worth a watch if you are interested.

I have the whole trio in gallons that I recently purchased, but have not had a chance to put them through their paces just yet so I don't have a real world review for you. But the finisher product might be just what you are looking for.

crg001
05-26-2021, 04:00 PM
I'll also add that you can always neutralize with a spray bottle filled with water and a small amount of white vinegar. The acid in the vinegar brings the pH level down and helps neutralize the high pH in APC. Spray on and "extract" with a wet/dry vac. There are head attachments you can get that are clear so you can see how much liquid you are pulling up.

Rsurfer
05-26-2021, 04:54 PM
Folex doesn't require neutralizing or extraction and cleans exceptionally well.

duffthebluff
05-26-2021, 05:10 PM
Folex doesn't require neutralizing or extraction and cleans exceptionally well.

Do you use Folex for the whole carpet even if there are no stains on other parts?

Rsurfer
05-26-2021, 08:27 PM
Do you use Folex for the whole carpet even if there are no stains on other parts?

Although it's supposed to be a spot remover, it works great as a general carpet cleaner.

TTQ B4U
05-26-2021, 08:31 PM
I would suggest properly paired products. A good upholstery shampoo and a corresponding rinse agent. This is my trio.....anti foam included as I do use an extractor.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210527/4300c8f2f491c6b9cc0bed34162bfff2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk