PDA

View Full Version : Is there a strong soap out there that CLEANS?

Pages : [1] 2

MrOneEyedBoh
05-25-2021, 06:30 AM
So I was wondering if there is something out there that can clean the paint more than standard soap but not want the paint like polishing - If that makes sense.

With a white vehicle sometimes dirt can stain it more and be more noticable. Is there a soap that kinda strips the paint and whatever LSP is left?

I'm thinking something like Carpro Lift, but I can't remember correctly.

I'd like to use something like that in between LSP applications. It would seem to me in theory it should help the LSP sit better on he paint. Not necessarily bond better but just have a better base to lay on

Klasse Act
05-25-2021, 07:10 AM
I'd say CarPro Lift and Griot's Garage foaming surface prep are what your looking for[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

mwoolfso
05-25-2021, 07:48 AM
Some Chemical Guys' soaps will strip at lower dilution ratios, in addition to their Clean Slate Soap.

Griot's Garage Surface Prep and CarPro Reset is what I have, along with CG Red (discontinued)

joebruin77
05-25-2021, 10:30 AM
Here is another option: Mckees37 Coating Prep Auto Wash

"A regular auto wash is not strong enough to cut through thick layers of filth and road film. McKee’s 37 Coating Prep Auto Wash and its alkaline formula cuts through road film, saving you time and effort as you wash the vehicle. What’s more, McKee’s 37 Coating Prep Auto Wash rinses freely, leaving the paint clean, shiny, and ready for the next step in detailing."

2black1s
05-25-2021, 01:12 PM
I would just use a cleaner wax like Megiuar's OTC in the maroon bottle (or your choice of AIOs). My rational for that recommendation is that any cleaner that is strong enough to remove the road film staining of white paint is also going to compromise any protection you have on the paint, so you'll need to add protection afterwards. Why not just kill two birds with one stone? That's what the AIO will do.

I like the Meguiar's product mentioned because it has some pretty effective chemical cleaners in it without any abrasives.

If you're dead set on trying some type of cleaner/soap/detergent, Tide Laundry Detergent (original liquid) excels at removing the type of staining you are dealing with. If going this route I'd definitely recommend following with some type of LSP. For that reason you might as well just do it once with an AIO.

FUNX650
05-25-2021, 01:18 PM
•Yes, there is:
-P21S Total Auto Wash (TAW)
will really CLEAN. For Real!

Bob

Texchappy
05-25-2021, 01:31 PM
Putting Opt Power Clean in your foamer or a bit in your wash bucket with soap will do the trick too. Probably any good APC as well.

Bruno Soares
05-25-2021, 06:38 PM
Here is another option: Mckees37 Coating Prep Auto Wash

"A regular auto wash is not strong enough to cut through thick layers of filth and road film. McKee’s 37 Coating Prep Auto Wash and its alkaline formula cuts through road film, saving you time and effort as you wash the vehicle. What’s more, McKee’s 37 Coating Prep Auto Wash rinses freely, leaving the paint clean, shiny, and ready for the next step in detailing."

That’s what I use prior to a detail but not sure how long we can keep recommending a product that isn’t for sale at Autogeek. It definitely works well though.

PaulMys
05-25-2021, 06:47 PM
That’s what I use prior to a detail but not sure how long we can keep recommending a product that isn’t for sale at Autogeek. It definitely works well though.

I would like to think that as long as we do not "link" it, McKee's is kind of in that "gray area" since Bob was the one that started this wonderful thing called AutoGeek.

But I could be wrong. :/

Bruno Soares
05-25-2021, 07:04 PM
I would like to think that as long as we do not "link" it, McKee's is kind of in that "gray area" since Bob was the one that started this wonderful thing called AutoGeek.

But I could be wrong. :/
I think we’d all appreciate if an admin of this forum confirmed if it’s ok or not. We don’t want to violate rules :)

Coatingsarecrack
05-25-2021, 10:31 PM
I think we’d all appreciate if an admin of this forum confirmed if it’s ok or not. We don’t want to violate rules :)

If their not telling us to stop.... and they haven’t..... it probably isn’t a violation.

From what I remember products can be mentioned just no links, dedicated threads.

I use the Mckee’s as a coating decon wash, cleans well. Bilt hamber Auto foam works well as well as a pre wash.

OP just also know that these soaps will degrade most Lsp’s.

It worked to clean my coatings but damaged or remove waxes and sealants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DUBL0WS6
05-25-2021, 10:33 PM
Meguiars NXT soap cleans well. Not sure it's made anymore.

MrOneEyedBoh
05-26-2021, 04:10 AM
If their not telling us to stop.... and they haven’t..... it probably isn’t a violation.

From what I remember products can be mentioned just no links, dedicated threads.

I use the Mckee’s as a coating decon wash, cleans well. Bilt hamber Auto foam works well as well as a pre wash.

OP just also know that these soaps will degrade most Lsp’s.

It worked to clean my coatings but damaged or remove waxes and sealants

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkBeing that it degrades LSPs to an extent, and if I plan on applying LSP afterwards anyway - there is no issue with the degraded LSP and applying a fresh coat... Right?

I don't see it hurting anything but just curious.

I know sealants don't care much for a perfect canvas for the most part, but coatinga need that clean slate

jem7sk
05-26-2021, 06:36 AM

What happened to Mckees37 and AG? I remember a while back and it was sold and pushed hard here at AG. Then I took some time off, came back and everything is discontinued. I thought they went out of business but I see it is sold elsewhere?

MrOneEyedBoh
05-26-2021, 07:47 AM
What happened to Mckees37 and AG? I remember a while back and it was sold and pushed hard here at AG. Then I took some time off, came back and everything is discontinued. I thought they went out of business but I see it is sold elsewhere?Afaik their contractual partnership ended. I think when Bob sold AG and started M37, he had a clause where he was allowed to sell on AG say for 2 years and then he would discontinue selling here.