PDA

View Full Version : Lots of experiments today...

scooterguitar
07-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Did a Monte, medium/dark blue with metallic. Some heavy scratches from bad driving in her garage and lots of stone chips, etc. But, overall she kept it up, so nada on any real swirling. Here's where I began to play, with the scratches I used SSR2.5, Optimum Compound, and 357 mixed together, did a great job! I have always tended to mix polishes from my recent start btw. That was with yellow cut edge.
Next, optimum compound and DP Super Swirl mixed, also performed well for me.
Now comes the fun...CG EZ Creme Glaze, then went over that with RMG!!!
CG M Seal X's (I sued this since it says you can layer in 15 mins), looks decent.
Lastly, good old Natty Blue.
A few hours later, beginning to get that dripping, wavey effect!
So, it all went well, no hazing, cloudiness, or streaking from all the mixtures and layers. Can't wait to look at it in a few days! She lives across the road, so I can take a look anytime, plus if something would go array, I can fix it quickly,
btw, when I took it back, they had company, two more people asking when I can do theirs...I said next week;)

justin_murphy
07-18-2006, 08:20 PM
You're a sick freak!
Awesome though.
BTW.........where's da dang pics boy?!?!

LOL!

scooterguitar
07-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Well, this thread should make BILL happy, as it seems like its one of always bringing up the mixing, glaze sealer thingy!
Justin, I never take pics, dunno why. I am waiting until I get that old ratty beyond fixing car to take some. I did post pics in the OT forum of an owl on my detail stuff though!

ScottB
07-18-2006, 08:39 PM
:Picture: :Picture: :Picture: :Picture: :Picture: :Picture:

scooterguitar
07-18-2006, 08:53 PM
YA think I faking, don't ya! I'll see if I can go over tomorrow and snap a few.

joe.p
07-18-2006, 10:24 PM
I think we have a chemist among us. good job and keep us posted with the products you have mixed with proven results. i love it your a maniac :awesome:

Surfer
07-18-2006, 10:32 PM
That's a lot of work for a Monte:D

Optimum Compound even by itself is very good. I used it with a yellow edge cutting pad and was so surised at how it finished down (almost LSP ready) and left barely any hazing.

dengood1
07-19-2006, 05:04 AM
Well, this thread should make BILL happy, as it seems like its one of always bringing up the mixing, glaze sealer thingy!
Justin, I never take pics, dunno why. I am waiting until I get that old ratty beyond fixing car to take some. I did post pics in the OT forum of an owl on my detail stuff though!

An owl? Man you do live in the boonies!! ;)

BILL
07-19-2006, 06:28 AM
CG EZ Creme Glaze, then went over that with RMG!!!
CG M Seal X's (I sued this since it says you can layer in 15 mins), looks decent.
Lastly, good old Natty Blue.

LOVE IT............:cheers:

FloridaNative
07-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Did a Monte, medium/dark blue with metallic. Some heavy scratches from bad driving in her garage and lots of stone chips, etc.

She drives in her garage??? Must be a big one! :p

Seriously though, I like your thinking. I like to mix things up too. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. :)

BILL
07-19-2006, 07:34 AM
[quote=FloridaNative]She drives in her garage??? Must be a big one! :p

:applause: :p

FloridaNative
07-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Bill, can I have your permission to show your reply to my husband?? I try to joke with him and he just rolls his eyes or says, "what the hell are you talking about, LOCA!?" ehehehehe

scooterguitar
07-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Ok, thanks, I think?
We live in the country, not the boonies, after 20 some years in the city, now I can say yeehaw and smeel manure whenever I want!
No, to clarify, its funny...she had one big bang, not dents on one rear bumper with scratches, then she backed into something else on the other side in her garage with worse scratching! She blames her husband "for leaving" the stuff in her way, he only smiles!

BILL
07-19-2006, 10:17 AM
Bill, can I have your permission to show your reply to my husband?? I try to joke with him and he just rolls his eyes or says, "what the hell are you talking about, LOCA!?" ehehehehe

Absolutely awaken him:p