PDA

View Full Version : Input on new contest...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Meghan
04-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Ok we have been asked to do a "Extreme Makeover Contest"... with the help of Nuke I am trying to get this ironed out. Let me show you what Nuke is thinking and if you have anything to add please do so in this thread. We will get this contested all together and post it next week so we can begin. I already have the prizes picked out and they are great ones!!!! So put on your thinking caps and see what we can do with this.... here is what Nuke gave me.

Extreme Makeover Contest!

For this contest we are going to do something a little different, it is going to be split up between interiors and exterior! Even more chances to win!

To enter either of the contests you must have a full write up of how you worked your magic and the products you used! Also lots of pictures (I’m sure that wont be a problem for anyone here, we all like to show off our work!!)

The whole reason of this contest is to show some of the newer member what can be done with the right products and the right knowledge!

When all the entries are in we will get it down to a few finalists and then turn it back to all of the forum members to vote for which one they think is the best! There will be one prize for the best interior and one for the best exterior!

Well what are you all waiting for go find that junker out in the field and get to work!

Old Pirate
04-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Great idea Meghan, only wish there was one category for Full time detailers and for part-time and newbies. Some part-timers don't do this for a living, some of us don't have expensive extractors and garage's full of equipment to use (lift's and compressors with some bays to work in)......just my 2 cents.

Nuke33
04-11-2008, 02:13 PM
THat might work but then we would have 4 things for people to vote for Pro Interior Pro exterior and them the amateur section, Im not sure if we would get enough people to vote, I know I would though!

trlblazer3
04-11-2008, 02:34 PM
I like the idea!

Couple questions:
1. I'm assuming all products must be AG's?
2. What are the prizes for each? :D

If we wanted to separate entries like Zoomzoom mentioned, it could almost turn into a "Pros vs. Joes" type of contest. Just a thought.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
04-11-2008, 02:36 PM
What would be considered a "pro"?

Meghan
04-11-2008, 02:39 PM
I like the idea!

Couple questions:
1. I'm assuming all products must be AG's?
2. What are the prizes for each? :D

If we wanted to separate entries like Zoomzoom mentioned, it could almost turn into a "Pros vs. Joes" type of contest. Just a thought.

Yes AG products would be nice, and the prices are great, trust me. One will be a machine! :righton: And who decides who is a pro and a joe?

Old Pirate
04-11-2008, 02:47 PM
You guy's are great. Something like this type of contest should be held during the summer months because of the folks who lived in the northern areas, who don't get to do full detailing during the cold months ( I know it sucks). Maybe Full-time vs Part-time Detailer's? The Pro vs Joes might work but what is considered a Pro? like Jason said. It's just to have fun among everyone and also to pick-up more tips too. Something like this would help some of the newbie's learn and see some awesome work that would come out of it. I'm been doing this on and off for over 30 yr's and still learnng from everyone. Like i said it's just my little 2 cents...........Angelo...........:cheers:

Meghan
04-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Like i said it's just my little 2 cents...........Angelo...........:cheers:

Keep giving the $.02, I think this contest could be a lot of fun once we work out the details. How about this tooo.... instead of just one winner, we can do a grand prize and a second and third place.... always seems that there are soo many great entries.

Old Pirate
04-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Now that's a great idea Meghan! Now how do i send your the 4 cents? :D

Nuke33
04-11-2008, 03:15 PM
I like the idea of First, 2nd and 3rd places! We should get them a crown! King of detailing hahah j/k!

trlblazer3
04-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Not sure how to really differentiate the pro's and the joe's. Could you put a "cap" on how many details in a given period i.e. 3 details/week? Or maybe the types of equipment used (extractors/steamers etc). Just throwing some things out there.

I also like the multiple prizes. Definitely a good, fair format.

budman3
04-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Also, no trick photography :), no before shots in direct sun and then afters in a garage .... similar lighing conditions would be ideal. It's easy to make a black car look nice in the shade of a garage or at dusk. I agree about the pro's vs. joe's but again hard to decide who is who... Also, opening up the voting to the public, there is always politics in it, if someone has more friends they may win even though the detail may not be the best. 1st, 2nd, 3rd is a nice idea too. I do like the idea and I think its great for you to let us give our 2 cents about it ahead of time.

Meghan
04-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Also, no trick photography :), no before shots in direct sun and then afters in a garage .... similar lighing conditions would be ideal. It's easy to make a black car look nice in the shade of a garage or at dusk. I agree about the pro's vs. joe's but again hard to decide who is who... Also, opening up the voting to the public, there is always politics in it, if someone has more friends they may win even though the detail may not be the best. 1st, 2nd, 3rd is a nice idea too. I do like the idea and I think its great for you to let us give our 2 cents about it ahead of time.

Yes you must tell us if you own photoshop! JUST KIDDING!:D

Nuke33
04-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Haha suddenly a red car turns into a yellow truck for the final shot ha

sellsGP98
04-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Even though I'm a newb here I'd like to get in on this contest but I don't think I could compete with those with polishers who have been using them for years. Maybe make two separate categories; one for machine-detailed, the other for those detailed by hand? I think that would let some of us less experienced guys participate. Of course the prize for the hand detailers would be a polisher lol.