PDA

View Full Version : Griot's Garage black mf pads...what happened to them?

Klasse Act
05-22-2021, 08:46 PM
So back when they finally got their 5" backing plate conversion in from the 6 month B.O. I ordered the less aggressive black mf pads, 2 of them, to go along with 2 orange foam pads I ordered. I was thinking about getting 2 of the more aggressive ones I currently have and don't see them in my catalog or on their online store.

What's up[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

VISITOR
05-22-2021, 09:11 PM
if you're referring to the FAST cutting (black) MF pad (no foam interface), they are still available in the AG store...

Griots Garage BOSS 5 inch Microfiber Fast Cutting Pads (https://www.autogeek.net/griots-mf-pad-2pk.html)

they now have been replaced with white microfiber (most likely better/upgraded material) instead of black. it looks like the 1" are the only available size right now in the AG store...

BOSS 1" Microfiber Fast Cutting Pad - 6 Pack (https://www.autogeek.net/gr-bmfc1.html)

Klasse Act
05-22-2021, 09:20 PM
Those are or were the ones I'm talking about. So the ones I'm talking about were REALLY flat, right?

I guess I'll go ahead and get 2 of those white ones and at some point the URO fiber pads too, never know when a German car will enter my orbital for a detail [emoji120]

I wonder if there was a supplier interruption [emoji848]

VISITOR
05-22-2021, 09:27 PM
IIRC, in one of their live YT videos they mentioned they updated their foams (same colors, no change) as well.. in true GG fashion, they are always looking for ways to improve & better their products...

oneheadlite
05-23-2021, 09:52 AM
Like VISITOR mentioned, Griot’s updated all their microfiber pads to use a white microfiber instead of black. The new microfiber is supposed to resist matting better than before. For the foam backed micro fibers, they also updated the foam.

If you’re looking for a more aggressive pad, they also added knitted wool pads. I believe these are on the top of their chart for cutting ability.

Klasse Act
05-23-2021, 10:04 AM
Like VISITOR mentioned, Griot’s updated all their microfiber pads to use a white microfiber instead of black. The new microfiber is supposed to resist matting better than before. For the foam backed micro fibers, they also updated the foam.

If you’re looking for a more aggressive pad, they also added knitted wool pads. I believe these are on the top of their chart for cutting ability.I've never used wool/wool blend because I'm not a pro and/or work on hammered paint that would need it. That said, I may get them in the hopes I could "practice" on something. I mean I've got an 11 year old GG6 and I feel pretty competent using it but feel I need something more than "feeling competent"[emoji848][emoji931][emoji779]

Thoughts....