PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless washing supplies (only from Amazon)

ZionsWrath
05-22-2021, 12:57 PM
For my short term future (probably 1 year) I will not have a permanent address and not able to have access to a driveway and water source to wash my car or have things delivered from manufacturer

I just got it detailed and will try to maintain it myself.

Due to my living situation I can only order stuff that can be delivered to like an Amazon locker. (If anyone knows another option let me know). I can also visit mainstream stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart

So my plan right now is to get a 5 gallon bucket with gamma seal lid that will serve as my wash bucket and then store my equipment.

I am looking at ONR wash and wax.
I want 12 microfibers for the body
4 microfibers for the wheels
1 absorbent towel for initial drying and 1 waffle weave for final dry
1 waffle weave for glass

I already have a glass cleaner.
Not sure what to do for tire cleaner. I'm not into glossy tire dressing.

I'm asking this question because I was about to order some chemical guys towels on Amazon and I noticed it said it doesn't come in original packaging. And I started reading the comments questioning the authenticity.
I don't want to get sandpaper towels or ones that will fall apart after 2 washes.

Thanks for any input.

Klasse Act
05-22-2021, 01:31 PM
ONR is a solid choice but I haven't used that brand for years. The Microfiber towels need to be from The Rag Company without a doubt. I suggest 500 GSM for waterless wash and 350 GSM for rinseless wash duty. I've been using 500 for both RW & WW but now have switched to 350 GSM for RW for better control. I know TRC has a variety of drying towels but I really like Griot's Garage PFM's and they come in a variety of sizes and useages. Get some quality mf towel detergent from TRC or 3D.

Your going to want to get yourself a 1000 ML Kwazzer for pre-treating the panel whether it's a RW or WW. For tire and wheel cleanings you'll need to get yourself a Worx hydroshot for better cleanings. Also don't forget 2 five gallon buckets.

I think this covers the basics[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Texchappy
05-22-2021, 01:51 PM
Klasse’s list is good. I’ve used ONR for over a decade with good results. I haven’t tried McKee’s 37 n914 but hear great things about it and I know it’s available from Amazon. The ONR with wax is ok but the protection in my experience doesn’t last long. You might get some Optiseal, Opt spray wax, or other LSP for longer lasting.

ZionsWrath
05-22-2021, 02:11 PM
ONR is a solid choice but I haven't used that brand for years. The Microfiber towels need to be from The Rag Company without a doubt. I suggest 500 GSM for waterless wash and 350 GSM for rinseless wash duty. I've been using 500 for both RW & WW but now have switched to 350 GSM for RW for better control. I know TRC has a variety of drying towels but I really like Griot's Garage PFM's and they come in a variety of sizes and useages. Get some quality mf towel detergent from TRC or 3D.

Your going to want to get yourself a 1000 ML Kwazzer for pre-treating the panel whether it's a RW or WW. For tire and wheel cleanings you'll need to get yourself a Worx hydroshot for better cleanings. Also don't forget 2 five gallon buckets.

I think this covers the basics[emoji848]

Thanks for the reply. I was actually looking at rag company stuff because the pictures and reviews look legit.
I can't get a worx as everything I have has to be able to fit in my car to travel between locations. Which is why I am trying to make a system that can fit in a bucket.

Not sure what a Kwazzer is, I'm guessing it is a sprayer? I was thinking to get a spray bottle to pre soak the panels. I'm cool to buy disposable stuff that's like 5-10$ as I can afford that but I can't buy a new worx sprayer every 3 months

Klasse Act
05-22-2021, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the reply. I was actually looking at rag company stuff because the pictures and reviews look legit.
I can't get a worx as everything I have has to be able to fit in my car to travel between locations. Which is why I am trying to make a system that can fit in a bucket.

Not sure what a Kwazzer is, I'm guessing it is a sprayer? I was thinking to get a spray bottle to pre soak the panels. I'm cool to buy disposable stuff that's like 5-10$ as I can afford that but I can't buy a new worx sprayer every 3 monthsThe Worx hydroshot fits into a sack, which comes with it, about the size of a grocery bag. The Kwazzer IS a sprayer and one that sprays when you pull the trigger AND when you release it!

How often do you plan to wash your car and which method do you prefer between RW and WW[emoji848]

ZionsWrath
05-22-2021, 02:32 PM
The Worx hydroshot fits into a sack, which comes with it, about the size of a grocery bag. The Kwazzer IS a sprayer and one that sprays when you pull the trigger AND when you release it!

How often do you plan to wash your car and which method do you prefer between RW and WW[emoji848]

I can do a rinseless wash weekly if I have the stuff, which i s what I am trying to do. I am happy to take an hour once a week to clean the car.
Do you have a link to those products (worx, kwazzer)?

Klasse Act
05-22-2021, 02:44 PM
I can do a rinseless wash weekly if I have the stuff, which i s what I am trying to do. I am happy to take an hour once a week to clean the car.
Do you have a link to those products (worx, kwazzer)?The Kwazzer isn't listed on Amazon but the Worx hydroshot is and you'll want the 40v battery. Any sprayer will work for pre-treating though.

I asked about the method and IMO CarPro Ech2o is the best for doing RW's. It cleans well and leaves behind protection that you'll be able to feel. If your looking to do WW I like Mckee's N914 but understand it leaves nothing behind. It really comes down to what you want in a RW or WW.

glen e
05-22-2021, 03:19 PM
My car is in a condo garage with no power or water. I have been doing a Gary Dean method rinseless for about 10 years. I concur that the car pro ECH20 is my favorite as it leaves protection behind and also adds gloss. I do a rinseless about every 10 days, I use about 5 mf’ s per wash. Or if I’m really lazy , I use the touchless car wash and then a wipe down with diluted QD echo20 or elixir. As for the wheels I take it to a quarter car wash, use a horse hair brush to agitate Sonax wheel cleaner, followed by Gyeon wet coat or blackfire hydroseal.

I have a works Hydroshot but it’s too much hassle to use and set up as I have no hose avail, the wand on rinse only works fine for a buck or two for the bi monthly wheel cleaning. What I like better than the hydroshot is the worx leaf blower using the same battery to dry my wheels.

Klasse Act
05-22-2021, 03:40 PM
I'm confused...the Worx comes with a hose[emoji848]

glen e
05-22-2021, 04:05 PM
I meant I no connection to water hose source….…. Using a bucket is a pain in the ass and you have to prime the unit etc. etc. Quarter car wash with the wand is one block away from me ,with excellent pressure…

Klasse Act
05-22-2021, 04:23 PM
I meant I no connection to water hose source….…. Using a bucket is a pain in the ass and you have to prime the unit etc. etc. Quarter car wash with the wand is one block away from me ,with excellent pressure…Could you just fill it in the bathtub and carry it outside[emoji848] Not trying to a clown here, just thinking outloud[emoji6]

damonb10
05-23-2021, 08:04 AM
For my short term future (probably 1 year) I will not have a permanent address and not able to have access to a driveway and water source to wash my car or have things delivered from manufacturer

I just got it detailed and will try to maintain it myself.

Due to my living situation I can only order stuff that can be delivered to like an Amazon locker. (If anyone knows another option let me know). I can also visit mainstream stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart

So my plan right now is to get a 5 gallon bucket with gamma seal lid that will serve as my wash bucket and then store my equipment.

I am looking at ONR wash and wax.
I want 12 microfibers for the body
4 microfibers for the wheels
1 absorbent towel for initial drying and 1 waffle weave for final dry
1 waffle weave for glass

I already have a glass cleaner.
Not sure what to do for tire cleaner. I'm not into glossy tire dressing.

I'm asking this question because I was about to order some chemical guys towels on Amazon and I noticed it said it doesn't come in original packaging. And I started reading the comments questioning the authenticity.
I don't want to get sandpaper towels or ones that will fall apart after 2 washes.

Thanks for any input.

Why don't you get a post office box? How are you going to receive mail?