PDA

View Full Version : Interior questions

mbkite
05-22-2021, 07:14 AM
5 year old that or about Hyundai cloth seats. My friends wife had a sick cat and she took to the vet.
along the way the cat had the hershery squirts. And they asked me to clean it up.
I haven’t seen the car yet but did order a bissell pro heat
should be here by the 27th.
I do have a steam cleaner but what chemicals should I get so I can get rid of all the smells.
thanks

Klasse Act
05-22-2021, 07:39 AM
I would get them to pre-treat and spot clean it NOW! This way it doesn't stain if it hasn't already....SHOUT IT OUT[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

TTQ B4U
05-22-2021, 07:48 AM
5 year old that or about Hyundai cloth seats. My friends wife had a sick cat and she took to the vet.
along the way the cat had the hershery squirts. And they asked me to clean it up.
I haven’t seen the car yet but did order a bissell pro heat
should be here by the 27th.
I do have a steam cleaner but what chemicals should I get so I can get rid of all the smells.
thanks

Use an Enzyme cleaner first. You will need to pre-treat with that FIRST otherwise the soaps and what not later down the road will cause the enzymes to not work. Go to PetSmart and use one of their pre-mixed ones. Once you get the vehicle in 5 days THEN you can use a proper upholstery tool and related rinse agent.

Eldorado2k
05-22-2021, 08:21 AM
And when you use your steamer on it, remember in order for steam to disinfect/effectively remove odors it must be held in the same spot for a minimum 5 seconds. That’s when it’s doing real work.

Rsurfer
05-22-2021, 10:24 AM
When steaming fabric, be sure to use a mf towel around the tool. This will not only pick up the residue, but prevent the steam from toasting the fabric.

Just tried to clean some coffee stains on an expensive throw rug and toasted the fibers by using direct steam and a brush.

mbkite
05-22-2021, 10:32 AM
Thank you very much all I ordered the meguiars enzyme cleaner
Will use that 1st thanks ttqb4u and thanks for the steaming tips

Klasse Act
05-22-2021, 10:46 AM
Thank you very much all I ordered the meguiars enzyme cleaner
Will use that 1st thanks ttqb4u and thanks for the steaming tipsKeep us postex[emoji362]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

mbkite
05-22-2021, 06:09 PM
Thanks again I will