PDA

View Full Version : Reload alternatives

Texchappy
05-21-2021, 09:03 PM
Planning to use the rest of my bottle of CarPro CQuartz Lite bottle on a friend’s car. Unlike our cars, her’s is parked outside so I’m not sure I can guarantee it won’t get wet in the first 4 hours. I know reload is the suggested protectant in this scenario. However, it seems to be pretty widely regarded as ‘subpar’. I also don’t relish spending $35 on a product just for this. Thinking I might just risk it.

Any good alternatives for this?

Coatingsarecrack
05-21-2021, 11:25 PM
Planning to use the rest of my bottle of CarPro CQuartz Lite bottle on a friend’s car. Unlike our cars, her’s is parked outside so I’m not sure I can guarantee it won’t get wet in the first 4 hours. I know reload is the suggested protectant in this scenario. However, it seems to be pretty widely regarded as ‘subpar’. I also don’t relish spending $35 on a product just for this. Thinking I might just risk it.

Any good alternatives for this?

This is the only time when i recommend it. I feel it’s been tested with the curing time so i used it. Got a small bottle though when i ordered my Cquartz.

Now i would use Shine Supply Clutch or one of the Polish angel products.

I’m sure Sio2 toppers like Blackfire, wolfgang or Gyeon Cure would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glen e
05-21-2021, 11:31 PM
I really don’t like reload. I used the first version which was absolutely terrible, and then the revision a couple years ago was better, but still I found it finicky and streaky if I don’t watch exactly what I’m doing. However when reload is mixed with Ech20, it’s called elixir, it is much more forgiving, spreads easier and you still get good protection. I mix my own by buying reload and Ech20. I also use Ech20 by itself as a rinseless…..I’m a huge Carpro Fan except for reload.

The Guz
05-22-2021, 02:02 AM
This is the only time I would recommend using Reload. #1 it was designed to work with their coating and help within that curing time frame. #2 you can pick up a small bottle directly from CarPro US.

Rsurfer
05-22-2021, 10:14 AM
I really don’t like reload. I used the first version which was absolutely terrible, and then the revision a couple years ago was better, but still I found it finicky and streaky if I don’t watch exactly what I’m doing. However when reload is mixed with Ech20, it’s called elixir, it is much more forgiving, spreads easier and you still get good protection. I mix my own by buying reload and Ech20. I also use Ech20 by itself as a rinseless…..I’m a huge Carpro Fan except for reload.
IIRC doesn't Elixir also have Hydro2?

glen e
05-22-2021, 10:35 AM
Dunno, …..im mixing like the original merlin formula:

CarPro Elixir Quick Detailer Review | DriveDetailed (https://drivedetailed.com/carpro-elixir-qd-review/)

Klasse Act
05-22-2021, 11:14 AM
Dunno, …..im mixing like the original merlin formula:

CarPro Elixir Quick Detailer Review | DriveDetailed (https://drivedetailed.com/carpro-elixir-qd-review/)The homebrew is sometimes best and in this case, it's true. Best thing is that YOU can adjust to your liking and it's always more cost effective as well[emoji362][emoji931][emoji779]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Texchappy
05-22-2021, 11:16 AM
How many ml does it take to do a small SUV?

The Guz
05-22-2021, 02:39 PM
How many ml does it take to do a small SUV?

Just order the small bottle. Or have your friend pay for it and have him keep it.

fly07sti
05-22-2021, 11:06 PM
I feel it works best when applied to fresh ceramic. Any other time I use it’s cut 1:1

Texchappy
05-22-2021, 11:09 PM
Order a 100ml bottle of reload today.