PDA

View Full Version : adams vrp vs CarPro Perl

bcgreen
05-16-2021, 09:15 AM
I am looking at these two products to be used on tires and black plastic trim such as you would see on the Mini Cooper. I understand they are both good at not producing sling and does seem to last a couple of weeks.
To make a decision on which to buy does it come down to price or is there a definite difference between performance?

dwaleke
05-16-2021, 10:05 AM
Haven't used VRP but I do use Meguiar's Hyper-Dressing and Duragloss #253 and compared both to Perl.

Perl has some acrylic in it that makes me believe it is an in between dressing and coating product (tire coatings like Tuff Shine seem to be acrylic based).

While Perl was a little more durable it was a PIA to clean off to redress a few weeks down the road. And really I wasn't a fan of it. Tried it on interior trim and didn't care for it either.

Duragloss is pretty great. Best part is when you go to clean tires the next wash if they aren't trashed you can do a light cleaning of the tire and it just looks like a new tire. You can reapply again or skip to next wash because the tires still look good.

Hyper-Dressing is almost as durable as Perl but easier to apply and easier to clean off to reapply. And much more economical.

I hear good things about VRP but nothing that would push me to buy it over Hyper-Dressing or Duragloss 253.

bcgreen
05-16-2021, 10:20 AM
Duragloss over Hyper?

The Guz
05-16-2021, 10:22 AM
They both won't last on trim that long. On tires they are about the same in terms of overall performance. Perl is more versatile as it can be diluted for other surfaces. If you are looking for long term on external trim these two wouldn't be my first choice.

bcgreen
05-16-2021, 10:46 AM
They both won't last on trim that long. On tires they are about the same in terms of overall performance. Perl is more versatile as it can be diluted for other surfaces. If you are looking for long term on external trim these two wouldn't be my first choice.

What would be your choice? I have hyper and is basically great for a day or two and a car show.

dwaleke
05-16-2021, 10:53 AM
Duragloss over Hyper?

For tires I'd say yes.

I use Hyper-Dressing on engines just by spraying and it self levels. I'm not sure if Duragloss would do the same there. Wheel wells too.

And I haven't used Duragloss on interior trim although it's advertised to spruce up floor mats.

Texchappy
05-16-2021, 11:04 AM
I just used Gyeon Q2 Trim on my MINI Cooper trim. Happy with the results.

The Guz
05-16-2021, 12:10 PM
Depending on the condition I would look at something like Wolfgang exterior trim sealant. If it needs restoration then solution finish topped with Wolfgang would be good.