PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge for ceramic coating

crownline08
05-15-2021, 09:39 PM
Just curious what would be a fair price to apply a CQuartz 3.0 coating to a black Yukon Denali? Just needs a one step correction for minor swirls and scratches.
Steps would include:
Clean tires and rims, exhaust tips
Wash with Griots prep wash
Decontaminate with Iron X
Wash again
Clay bar
Paint correction with Rupes Mille and fine compound
Apply 2 coats CQuartz 3.0 and follow with reload.

I have 3 of my own vehicles I have done and 2 others for friends and now people asking for quotes to have theirs done. I know Mike says you want to be making $100/hr but there are 2 other businesses in the area and I feel their prices are on the low side so not sure what to be quoting.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

dwaleke
05-15-2021, 09:45 PM
Impossible to say because pricing varies but location.

What you pay in Detroit vs Chicago vs LA vs Miami will be different. Markets are all different. Some people will charge $450 and others will be $2000.

Calculate what your price would be for what you want to make. Then compare to what your competition would charge and then make a decision on what you will offer.

You do not have you be less expensive than your competition (or even the same price). But if you aren't getting business it could be you aren't doing a good enough job explaining what your customer gets for that cost.

If they get nothing more for your price then the other guys you have to ask yourself why would they pay it? Then adjust accordingly.

vobro
05-15-2021, 11:12 PM
Without seeing the truck I would start $900 minimum. Don’t forget to add a paint cleanser like Eraser before the coating. Looks like you’ll have close to $100 in material,1-2 hours in prep, 3-5 hours polishing (including roof),2 hours coating and clean up time. I’d be looking at 8-10 hours plus material. That’s a lot of paint on the Denali, also I’ve learned that sometimes with black it just doesn’t finish down to an acceptable level with a one step so I make sure to add extra for “just in case”

crownline08
05-15-2021, 11:26 PM
Yes I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay. I would rather not do a job then rush through and have quality work

crownline08
05-15-2021, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the info. I quoted $1000 but I thought $1200 was more in line. Good point on the black paint as well. I have not done black as of yet.

vobro
05-15-2021, 11:31 PM
One more thing to add, the GM black is a solid black with no flake. Solid black shows haze a lot more than a black with metallic

Rsurfer
05-16-2021, 12:45 AM
One more thing to add, the GM black is a solid black with no flake. Solid black shows haze a lot more than a black with metallic

And to add, hard clear coat.

dwaleke
05-16-2021, 04:36 AM
And to add, hard clear coat.

That depends. My 2016 Cadillac ATS-V was solid black and it had soft paint that was pretty easy to correct and pretty easy to haze up.

Billy Baldone
05-16-2021, 07:06 AM
First welcome. second GM black can be either hard or soft. I have seen many different varieties lately. Also, are you legit? Insured? licensed, trained? paying taxes? If so, your price is fine. If not, maybe $500 to an unlicensed, uninsured guy applying an Over The counter coating. Sorry to be harsh, but that is the reality

joshhas99problems
05-16-2021, 09:07 AM
I dont apply that coating in my biz, although I have used it once in the past. I'd be roughly around $1500-1750 for such a job typically.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk