PDA

View Full Version : Are there any spray sealants that are worth it?

Pages : [1] 2

MrOneEyedBoh
05-15-2021, 07:10 PM
So I'm still teetering back and forth on protection. Ceramic requires a decent amount of prep and I don't have a garage. So the cure time might get askewed with morning dew etc. So I'm kinda ruling out ceramics.

Also water spots - the truck sits outside rain or shine, water dries on it etc.

I bought the new Wolfgang sio2 paint sealant to use this year...

But I'm thinking of spray sealants might be better then a liquid paste. Turtle wax seal and shine seems like it's getting a lot of crazy good results. Lasts months easily etc. Also the gloss is a lot better than pastes / liquid sealants.

Does anyone know of a spray sealant that's worth using or provides good longevity, gloss?

There seems to be soooo many out there now even with meguiars hybrid ceramic sprays, Griots 3 in 1 ceramic sprays, Wolfgangs SiO2 Uber sealant etc.

Thoughts?

glen e
05-15-2021, 07:20 PM
So far I’ve gotten good protection and gloss at five months out of 303 graphene, same out of blackfire SIO2 spray….

R/TED
05-15-2021, 07:32 PM
Since you have Wolfgang Sio2 paint sealant, I would use Wolfgang Sio2 silica spray on top of the sealant or as a stand alone product. I have used this combo on my red Hyundai Sonata and the paint absolutely glows. Great combo.

FUNX650
05-15-2021, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know of a spray
sealant that's worth using; or
provides good longevity, gloss?

•I do.
-Optimum Car Wax (OCW): it’s actually a
Sealant that has patented UV protection.

Bob

MrOneEyedBoh
05-15-2021, 07:52 PM
Since you have Wolfgang Sio2 paint sealant, I would use Wolfgang Sio2 silica spray on top of the sealant or as a stand alone product. I have used this combo on my red Hyundai Sonata and the paint absolutely glows. Great combo.Thanks, what's your longevity? Can you link me to the one you used?

Icarus
05-15-2021, 08:30 PM
Is Sonax Polymer Net Shield still considered good? Does it protect much vs. wax etc?

Klasse Act
05-15-2021, 08:32 PM
I applied 303 graphene in Nov and it did the job the whole winter. In February I did a wash inside a shop and sprayed Griot's Garage foaming surface prep and when I sprayed THAT off the beading was still VERY good. Some say it was my coating doing that but when washing the ES with WW & RW's when I could during that time before it was making clean up VERY easy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

glen e
05-15-2021, 08:36 PM
Is Sonax Polymer Net Shield still considered good? Does it protect much vs. wax etc?

I use this about three years ago and would never use it again. It was real grippy to get off , it was a hard buff off, it wasn’t worth my time. So many other ones are so much easier with equally good gloss and protection, just my two cents

vobro
05-15-2021, 11:15 PM
This is the golden age of spray protection, there are many that last as long or longer than the liquid sealants. Instead of looking at longevity alone look at it for return of investment, way less time applying, less tools/pads and towels, adds to the plastic trim instead of worrying about staying the trim and if you use it as a drying aid (maybe not for the ceramic sprays) and you keep adding a little protection on each wash

Coatingsarecrack
05-16-2021, 01:02 AM
I used seal & shine once..... i gave it away. Left streaks, felt greasy.... beads were all weird shaped.... not a fan.

In a Griots Ceramic 3-1 thread I did a head to head and Griots walk the dog all over SNS.

If not wanting to spend Polish Angel or IGL Premier money i would say to me, Griots 3-1 is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwaleke
05-16-2021, 04:50 AM
I used seal & shine once..... i gave it away. Left streaks, felt greasy.... beads were all weird shaped.... not a fan.

In a Griots Ceramic 3-1 thread I did a head to head and Griots walk the dog all over SNS.

If not wanting to spend Polish Angel or IGL Premier money i would say to me, Griots 3-1 is the best.

I gave away my SNS too. That has to be the most hyped product. I preferred the results from Turtle Wax ICE spray wax by a long shot.

I agree with everything you say about it. And the kicker for me was while it wins all these short term durability torture tests it didn't last any longer than any other spray wax in the real world.

And it reduces gloss until after the first wash likely due to the cheap carrier oils used in the product that don't want to wipe away cleanly.

RTexasF
05-16-2021, 05:53 AM
•I do.
-Optimum Car Wax (OCW): it’s actually a
Sealant that has patented UV protection.

Bob

Since it also contains carnauba the look is as good as the longevity. Great stuff :xyxthumbs:

UncleDavy
05-16-2021, 08:44 AM
Turtle Wax Seal n Shine provides about 3 months of protection and it is inexpensive. It is also and easy spray on wipe off product.

MrOneEyedBoh
05-16-2021, 12:32 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSo what's your thoughts on Polish angel or IGL? What do they offer?

I'm not too concerned with longevity since I wash the truck 1-3 weeks at most. Maybe a month at most.... Usually 1-2 weeks. But I'd like something that will still protect longer and I'll just reapply is each wash.

R/TED
05-16-2021, 03:12 PM
Thanks, what's your longevity? Can you link me to the one you used?

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Silica Spray (https://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-sio2-silica-spray.html)

Longevity is 5-6 months