PDA

View Full Version : XMT Products

dengood1
07-18-2006, 07:08 PM
I just got through using XMT 3 with an orange light cutting pad and was wondering if I needed to use a finishing polish and pad afterwards? The directions on the XMT 3 says in most cases you do not have to. Also, should I use the XMT Finishing Glaze before I apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant or will there be bonding issues? And finally, how long should I leave the Wolfgang on before removing/buffing. Thanks!

belcherm58
07-18-2006, 07:51 PM
I beleive the XMT Finishing Glaze has carnauba in it. If so I would not top with sealant. Your good to go with carnauba waxes though. I just bought the
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze and it says you can use a sealant after using it.
I read several of the glaze descriptions to make sure they were sealant
friendly.

dengood1
07-18-2006, 08:06 PM
that's cool, I just happened to have some WG FG:-) Thanks

Mike T
07-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Well are you pleased with the results of the XMT 3? I don't mean removal of imperfections. I mean does it look perfect to you to go ahead and start your LSP process? Only you can tell. If you followed it up with a finishing polish it might better enhance the finish for your LSP's. You really don't need the glaze before using the WG sealant. The results from it are SICK. The ol' finger swipe should let you know when it's ready to remove. If its dry and fine then its ready.

dengood1
07-19-2006, 04:56 AM
I am definitely pleased with the results from the xmt 3. The paint seemed like it was very smooth and glossy, much like a finishing polish, but I'm no pro by any means! That's why I was asking because why do a step that's already been done, right? I'm going to do half of the hood with xmt 3 with no finishing polish, then do the other half with xmt 3 then a finishing polish and see if I can tell. I'll report back the results when I get the chance to do it unless somebody posts something telling me that I don't need a fp.

I should have known about the xmt glaze, I forgot it had carnauba in it, therefore not working well with the WG Deep Gloss Sealant. When you said the results are "sick", what were you referring to? Thanks!

Dennis

Mike T
07-19-2006, 07:51 AM
I was referring to the results of the Deep Gloss Sealant. The finish was incredible after I used it.

dengood1
07-19-2006, 06:01 PM
yah, I noticed that too!! SOOOOO easy to use as well......surface felt "lubed" after using WG DG Sealant!! GREAT STUFF!! Now that I used up the 2 oz. sample I have been forced to purchase more so I can finish my car!:D

dengood1
07-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Well are you pleased with the results of the XMT 3? I don't mean removal of imperfections. I mean does it look perfect to you to go ahead and start your LSP process? Only you can tell. If you followed it up with a finishing polish it might better enhance the finish for your LSP's. You really don't need the glaze before using the WG sealant. The results from it are SICK. The ol' finger swipe should let you know when it's ready to remove. If its dry and fine then its ready.

Ok, I just did the hood of my car and I recommend using the XMT 1 as well for a finishing polish to j ewel the surface. I think XMT 3 is nice alone, but maybe if you use a polishing pad(white) instead of a cutting pad(orange) you may not need the XMT 1. I used a light cutting pad with the 3 which is why I probably needed the XMT 1.

ScottB
07-20-2006, 04:04 PM
:Picture: :Picture: :Picture: :Picture: