PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to clean with just a foam cannon soak and rinse?

Pages : [1] 2

jem7sk
05-13-2021, 11:22 AM
I just polished out my 2014 silver Subaru Impreza with 3D Speed and a week later I topped it with a coat of FK1000P. The paint is nice and slick. I've never used a Foam Cannon before but could I get away with just soaking the car in foam and letting it dwell for a short time and then rinse it or do I still need to do a 2BM wash? I don't understand the need for a foam cannon if you still have to do 2BM.

This car is my DD that sits outside 24/7 on the Space Coast of Florida.

I'd really like to maintain this finish as long as possible with a method that is quick and easy.

Klasse Act
05-13-2021, 11:34 AM
When my car is just dusty/pollen I do this very thing w/o a problem[emoji106][emoji362][emoji118]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2black1s
05-13-2021, 11:43 AM
From my experience... Once a vehicle has any kind of road film on it, it will then need some type of mechanical intervention, i.e., a conventional wash of some nature, to get it absolutely clean.

A foam cannon and rinse will remove the "loose" stuff, but the road film will need some mechanical agitation to completely remove it.

Bill D
05-13-2021, 11:47 AM
When my car is just dusty/pollen I do this very thing w/o a problem[emoji106][emoji362][emoji118]

Same here except I use a foam gun. As long as the vehicle is LSP’d you can get a perfectly clean car granted the car was only lightly dirty.

DetailZeus
05-13-2021, 12:03 PM
If you have a spot-free system that could work for a while. Eventually you'll get a film build up on the car. Another option is foam, rinse, then "dry" the car by doing a waterless wash. It should take fewer towels and you wouldn't have to be as careful as if you did a normal waterless wash. Look up the video "15 Minute Car Wash: Water vs No Water" by Larry Kosilla.

Personally I think the best use for a foam cannon is with a dedicated prewash product to help remove as much abrasive grime as possible before you do a contact wash. An addition to the wash process vs. a replacement for wash process. I don't bother with whole ordeal at this time myself and just do a pressure rinse.

opie
05-13-2021, 12:16 PM
Personally I think the best use for a foam cannon is with a dedicated prewash product to help remove as much abrasive grime as possible before you do a contact wash. An addition to the wash process vs. a replacement for wash process.
:iagree::whs:

Klasse Act
05-13-2021, 12:17 PM
After a wash or two a contact wash needs to happen for sure[emoji779]

Rsurfer
05-13-2021, 01:26 PM
Try Car Pro's Lift, it's a stronger foam than most.

Klasse Act
05-13-2021, 01:36 PM
Try Car Pro's Lift, it's a stronger foam than most.I have that coming to me sometime in the next week and I am really looking forward to trying it because even though it cost a little bit more if it works the way that I think it works that will be my go to pre wash[emoji779]

Prange
05-13-2021, 05:57 PM
I use Griots Surface Wash, rinse, then Poly-Gloss, rinse. Final rinse with deionized water, then blow-dry and touch up the remaining water. Works fine with mild dirt.

ntwillie1
05-13-2021, 10:46 PM
From my experience you cannot get away with just a foam wash. I use a foam wash as a prewash just because I like to see the bubbles. I have 2 cars that are garage kept at all times and 2 that are in the driveway. The garages cars can get away w it but I know they are not 100% clean. The cars that live outside definitely need a hand wash, especially during pollen season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
05-14-2021, 01:49 AM
I have that coming to me sometime in the next week and I am really looking forward to trying it because even though it cost a little bit more if it works the way that I think it works that will be my go to pre wash[emoji779]

This will actually be a great soap for you. It is Alkaline in nature so it will strip topper such as 303 graphene and Griots 3-1.

The nice thing is your coating should be fine so will give you a bare or weakened top coat to add more toppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briarpatch
05-14-2021, 08:29 PM
Try Car Pro's Lift, it's a stronger foam than most.

Recently tried Lift.....does an excellent job loosening up the big stuff....

Klasse Act
05-14-2021, 08:37 PM
Recently tried Lift.....does an excellent job loosening up the big stuff....Did you notice if it weakened your current LSP?

briarpatch
05-16-2021, 07:14 PM
Did you notice if it weakened your current LSP?

Truthfully no....but it was really not a concern anyway. This pre-wash step was part of a full spring detail, where I was stripping off the existing sealant.....and prepping the truck for a spray coating product.