PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Coatings (mine is Pinnacle Black Diamond) - Will an Iron Remover wheel cleaner damage the coating?

Matador
05-11-2021, 02:38 PM
So I coated my wheels with Pinnacle Black Diamond wheel coating some months back and finally put on my 'summer' wheels.

Well after driving on them for about 2-3 weeks, I have a good amount of brake dust and iron (damn Audis).

Will I degrade the coating if I use my go-to for this car, Griots Heavy Duty Wheel cleaner?

dwaleke
05-11-2021, 04:00 PM
Mike usually says things like "If I use Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner will I add durability to my coating? If not then what's the opposite of add?" I am paraphrasing here.

You should not need to use aggressive wheel cleaners on wheels that are coated. Regular car soap and a contact wash should get them nearly 100% clean.

If that is not working you can always step up to a more aggressive cleaner, but eventually that will wear down the coating. If you find yourself needing aggressive cleaners to clean your wheels I'd question what the wheel coating is doing for you or if that product is really performing as advertised.