PDA

View Full Version : Help! Coating SUV roof

Texchappy
05-10-2021, 06:40 PM
Getting close to completing coating my wife’s Tuxedo Black Navigator L with CQUARTZ Lite - hope to get front bumper, rear bumper, and lift gate tomorrow. Then comes the biggest challenge... the roof.

I can walk short distances and stand for short times so I’m not always in my wheel chair but my helper will probably be helping with this part. Quite honestly, I haven’t even washed the roof at all in quite a while. Obviously, getting it coated will help with keeping it good so we will need to go through the whole procedure.

so what are any tips, tricks, and techniques to get the top of this beast clayed, deconned, polished, and coated?

TIA

Bruno Soares
05-10-2021, 07:24 PM
Most of us use something like this:

Access Denied (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-Ladders-47-25-in-x-12-in-x-20-in-Aluminum-Slim-Fold-Work-Platform-300-lbs-Load-Capacity-GLWP-47/305590237)

See if your helper is comfortable using a platform like that. The rest is done the same way you’re doing on the rest of the car. Careful with the platform so it doesn’t bump onto the paint and so the user doesn’t slip when it gets wet.

Next time, do the roof first. While working on the roof there’s always risk of marring the sides of the car with clothes or equipment. So it’s best practice to start with the top and work your way down the vehicle.