PDA

View Full Version : ONR and a few questions

nrengle
04-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Ok guys, I used ONR for the first time today, got to say loved it. Worked great on dirt from rain the last 2 weeks (been busy and away on vacation, and other stuff, no time to wash). Does the job great. But I have a question...

How do you guys do your wheel wells, wheels, and tires when doing a ONR wash? I used a separate mit for the wheels, my tire and wheel well brush, and it just didnt' do the job as well as using a stream of water. So what do you guys suggest to do those areas?

Other than that I love the stuff!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
04-10-2008, 06:09 PM
I have found that for anything more than very mildly soiled wheels/wells to only ONR them does not get them clean to my standards

For anything more soiled a quick blast with the PW is needed to get them to the point where ONR can do the trick for me.

TO be honest FOR ME to get the wheels and wells to my satisfaction with ONR it is just not time effective....

EDIT: on a properly sealed wheel ONR does have a place in my wheel cleaning regimen

Rsurfer
04-10-2008, 06:30 PM
I have found that for anything more than very mildly soiled wheels/wells to only ONR them does not get them clean to my standards

For anything more soiled a quick blast with the PW is needed to get them to the point where ONR can do the trick for me.

TO be honest FOR ME to get the wheels and wells to my satisfaction with ONR it is just not time effective....

EDIT: on a properly sealed wheel ONR does have a place in my wheel cleaning regimen
:whs:I don't beleive ONR was meant to clean unprotected wheels much less wheel wells. My wheels are sealed, so ONR works great.

nrengle
04-10-2008, 06:51 PM
My wheels are clearcoated factory wheels, so they do clean up nice. Just found that it took as long to do the wheels as it did the whole care...

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
04-10-2008, 06:56 PM
My wheels are clearcoated factory wheels, so they do clean up nice. ...

My comment on wheels being properly sealed was not referencing them being clearcoated but using an actual paint sealant... same concept as sealing your paint... I use either collinite 845 or duragloss AW

Just found that it took as long to do the wheels as it did the whole care...

:DMy point exactly

nrengle
04-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Ah got ya. I plan on getting the Menz 106FF and WGDGPS here soon so I might just have to give that a try. I also need to take a few pics and ask the experts how they'd handle cleaning a few areas... It's the section of the car where my rear hatch flips up... It was well neglected before I got it, and it's still a pain in my rear to clean, so it doesn't get it weekly like everything else. Generally a every few weeks section...

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
04-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Ah got ya. I plan on getting the Menz 106FF and WGDGPS here soon so I might just have to give that a try. I also need to take a few pics and ask the experts how they'd handle cleaning a few areas... It's the section of the car where my rear hatch flips up... It was well neglected before I got it, and it's still a pain in my rear to clean, so it doesn't get it weekly like everything else. Generally a every few weeks section...

When sealing wheels the durability of the sealant is really put to the test due to the heat.... for your wheels I would suggest a sealant that has more robust durability such as duragloss 105

Chris Thomas
04-10-2008, 08:06 PM
you could ask Scottwax on Autopia. He uses it exclusively in his mobile biz

nrengle
04-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I'll head over to Autopia and ask... And I'll check out the 105! Thanks again