PDA

View Full Version : I did a thing

Pages : [1] 2

DetailKitty
05-07-2021, 01:52 PM
Sooooooooo

I sold my RS this week.

Wasn't really driving it much. It was sitting in my garage more.

Was a good car... will miss!

Klasse Act
05-07-2021, 01:55 PM
Sooooooooo

I sold my RS this week.

Wasn't really driving it much. It was sitting in my garage more.

Was a good car... will miss!Oh no[emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DetailKitty
05-07-2021, 01:56 PM
Oh no[emoji17]

Ahhhhh don't be sad... hopefully it will go to someone who will use it to it's capabilities.

Bill D
05-07-2021, 02:01 PM
I have two that do nothing but sit. I even have to get batteries for them but I’m too emotionally invested in them to just get rid of them.

Desertnate
05-07-2021, 02:21 PM
From my perspective, you did the right thing. I have the mindset that cars are to be driven and enjoyed. If aren't doing that because you're happily putting on miles in something else, then it is best to let it go rather than having it sit collecting dust in your garage. That's been the one thing that gives me pause when I start thinking about getting a "fun" car besides my daily driver. I'm always afraid life will get in the way and it won't get the time and miles it deserves.

Bill D
05-07-2021, 02:26 PM
My cars gather dust, well, I do regularly dust them. It's just that it would be weird for my three car garage to have only one car in it if I were to get rid of them. I suppose I could rent the space left over to someone who needs it but I don't know how that situation would play out and if it would play out well

oneheadlite
05-07-2021, 03:10 PM
I just look at it like they're Chapters in a book. This chapter's wrapped up, eventually there will be another.

I can see both sides of wanting to keep them for connection's sake, as well as letting them go to live a more driven life.

At one point, I had both an E30 M3 (1990) and an E36 M3 (1997). The E30 I stopped driving because I didn't want to risk it getting KO'd during my work commute, so it's yearly mileage dropped drastically. The E36 was my track puppy, and I didn't like the thought of losing that in traffic much either (nor wearing out the race seat despite careful entry/exit). So, they each found their way to good homes.

The nice part is ( and I'm sure it's similar to how it would go with your boy :o ) when I decided it was time for the E30 to go, the first thing my wife said was: "Are you sure?".

Am I glad I had them? Absolutely. I'm also glad I don't anymore. :D

DetailKitty
05-07-2021, 03:17 PM
I was finding that the Escape was far more convenient to do the "running around" daily vs taking out the RS.
And a lot of places I go it just wasn't practical to take so it sat.
It was definitely the right decision.
And at some point I will get something else... for the moment I will enjoy not having a car payment.
Haven't NOT had one since 1999!!!

PaulMys
05-07-2021, 05:21 PM
Like the guys said above, if it was just sitting then you made the right choice Monica.

Working for the Ford dealer, I drive a ton of Escapes. They are great cars.

DetailKitty
05-07-2021, 05:42 PM
Like the guys said above, if it was just sitting then you made the right choice Monica.

Working for the Ford dealer, I drive a ton of Escapes. They are great cars.

The Escape is ok... it serves its purpose. I don’t love the newer ones.

I will get something else at some point. Something that suits my needs better.

PaulMys
05-07-2021, 05:44 PM
The Escape is ok... it serves its purpose. I don’t love the newer ones.

I will get something else at some point. Something that suits my needs better.

I vote for a HEMI Ram. :D

Klasse Act
05-07-2021, 05:51 PM
You can tow with the new Bronco (not the Sport)[emoji6]

DetailKitty
05-07-2021, 05:57 PM
I vote for a HEMI Ram. :D

You know I’m a Ford girl... but I do love trucks :D

You can tow with the new Bronco (not the Sport)[emoji6]

Yes I can but it’s not mine. I gotta have my own wheels :cool:

fly07sti
05-07-2021, 09:18 PM
Good for you Monica. I almost sold my Sti a couple of years ago to a close friend for almost what I paid for it new. My wife kinda talked me out of it though. At this point in my life with 3 young kids, it’s the last “toy” I own so it’s staying with me for the foreseeable future.

Coatingsarecrack
05-08-2021, 03:29 AM
If you were going to sell.... right now is the right time. Used car market is going through roof. I could sell my Camaro for 3-4k more than i paid 5 months ago.

Yeah if your not driving and it’s sitting their depreciating..... good move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk