PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless/waterless version of reset?

Pages : [1] 2

Texchappy
05-07-2021, 10:38 AM
After applying a CarPro coating, there doesn’t seem to be a rinseless or waterless version of reset in the CarPro lineup. They have Ech2o but it applies SIO2. What would be the closest product to reset in those formats?

bfielder32087
05-07-2021, 10:43 AM
After applying a CarPro coating, there doesn’t seem to be a rinseless or waterless version of reset in the CarPro lineup. They have Ech2o but it applies SIO2. What would be the closest product to reset in those formats?I assume you're looking for a product that is just a cleaner with no added gloss or protection?

If so McKees 37 N-914 is excellent and leaves nothing behind. I haven't personally used Griots RW wash but it leaves nothing behind and I know a lot of people like it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Klasse Act
05-07-2021, 10:51 AM
Yeah its Mckee's N914 and Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
05-07-2021, 01:58 PM
Can't go wrong with either but because I've been a Griot's Garage customer since 2005 and they're awesome I suggest the Brillant Shine rinseless wash [emoji106][emoji106]

Texchappy
05-07-2021, 01:58 PM
Yes, definitely something that leaves nothing behind. I was aware that the Mckee’s product fit that description but not that so did the Griot’s.

Klasse Act
05-07-2021, 02:01 PM
Yes, definitely something that leaves nothing behind. I was aware that the Mckee’s product fit that description but not that so did the Griot’s.Yeah it's a cool 64 ounce bottle and its blue, stellar product[emoji779]

The Guz
05-07-2021, 02:23 PM
EcH20 does not leave durable protection. You would have no issue using it without interfering with the base layer. The SiO2 is for gloss enhancement. It is such a low dilution when used as a rinseless wash. Even when used as a waterless wash with a stronger dilution the protection won't last that long.

McKee's N914 will leave nothing behind on the surface and is quite popular. Gloss Shop has another.

Klasse Act
05-07-2021, 03:29 PM
Yeah Ech2o is an outstanding RW, the additional gloss is noticeable immediately [emoji106][emoji106]

Lance Mark
05-07-2021, 03:41 PM
Yeah Ech2o is an outstanding RW, the additional gloss is noticeable immediately [emoji106][emoji106]

I have some coming before 7pm tonight. I'm glad to hear the good report.

oneheadlite
05-07-2021, 04:15 PM
Yeah its Mckee's N914 and Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash [emoji106][emoji106]

Can't go wrong with either but because I've been a Griot's Garage customer since 2005 and they're awesome I suggest the Brilliant Shine rinseless wash [emoji106][emoji106]

Maybe I'm crazy, but I seem to get better/easier wipe off with the Brilliant Finish vs the N914.

Over on the sister site, there was talk of another (*cough* Pure Rinseless *cough*) product that sounded similar to Reset (heavier cleaner than a normal rinseless product).

Not in the PBMG sales house, so I'd hop next door to search out that *showdown*.

Klasse Act
05-07-2021, 04:37 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I seem to get better/easier wipe off with the Brilliant Finish vs the N914.

Over on the sister site, there was talk of another (*cough* Pure Rinseless *cough*) product that sounded similar to Reset (heavier cleaner than a normal rinseless product).

Not in the PBMG sales house, so I'd hop next door to search out that *showdown*.I think your right about the wipe off between GG RW vs. N914 and for me, I've never used N914 as a WW. As for GG RW, it's been 99% as a RW[emoji118]

Klasse Act
05-07-2021, 04:38 PM
I have some coming before 7pm tonight. I'm glad to hear the good report.Keep us posted here [emoji362][emoji106]

evo77
05-07-2021, 06:28 PM
N914 is a wonderful rinseless wash that leaves nothing behind. I loved using it!

In a pinch when I couldn't get N914 because it was out of stock, I bought Micro Detailer Ceramic Wash. Don't let the name fool you, its just marketed for ceramic coated vehicles but it too leaves nothing behind. Just a straight cleaner. It works just as great!

Coatingsarecrack
05-08-2021, 03:35 AM
Fenylab Pure rinseless. Worked great on my CqUk3.0 coated car. Removes everyrhing.

I own Griots BSR, Mckee’s N-914 and Pure. I use Pure once a month to strip everything clean. Definitely more cleaning power than other two.

I use all three alot. Once Mckees gone may try gloss shop or just stick with Griots. Pure will always be in the arsenal.

But for best cleaning in a rinseless/ waterless type situation, to me nothing better or safer with out a hose than Ammo Frothe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob m
05-08-2021, 06:18 AM
Fenylab Pure rinseless. Worked great on my CqUk3.0 coated car. Removes everyrhing.

I own Griots BSR, Mckee’s N-914 and Pure. I use Pure once a month to strip everything clean. Definitely more cleaning power than other two.

I use all three alot. Once Mckees gone may try gloss shop or just stick with Griots. Pure will always be in the arsenal.

But for best cleaning in a rinseless/ waterless type situation, to me nothing better or safer with out a hose than Ammo Frothe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use and like Griots BSR as I don't want any enhancers, just a pure wash. I'm a little confused though as you say Pure removes everything, yet you say say that Frothe has the best cleaning. When you mention that Pure removes everything that that mean it removes (besides dirt) the last detail spray or would it remove a topper/quick sealant also?