PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needs Help

FunkyG
05-04-2021, 07:38 PM
I just bought a new car, but I’ve been out of touch with detailing products in recent years. In the past, I used the stable of Zaino products and loved them, but ceramic seems to be all the hype now. What system would you recommend to an inexperienced user to start using on a brand new vehicle?

DUBL0WS6
05-04-2021, 09:59 PM
I'd suggest Wolfgang Ceramic Spray Coating. You could leave it alone or top it with Wolfgang SIO2 spray or even Z8 if you have it.

Texchappy
05-04-2021, 10:41 PM
Coatings are the big thing right now and SIO2 is the buzz word, along with graphene. You don’t need to have it and full coatings aren’t the most user friendly. I would recommend a good spay sealant as a good place to start. One of the SIO2 ones like Griot’s 3in1 ceramic wax if you want durability.

Also, look into the numerous rinseless options available. I’m a big believer in them and their ease of use and effectiveness. Using ONR has kept me able to keep detailing.

If you want to jump in to coatings, maybe look at Gyeon CanCoat or CQuartz Lite. That’s what I just did and they’ll give you most of the benefits of a coating with approximately a year durability.