PDA

View Full Version : Wheels and drums

bob m
04-30-2021, 10:09 AM
So I'm intent on doing the prep and coating process this weekend. Going to coat the tires and wheels. I don't have a lift and don't feel like removing the tires. For the wheel drums, would you still recommend coating them (difficult accessibility) or use a spray sealant and call it a day?

Rsurfer
04-30-2021, 10:11 AM
So I'm intent on doing the prep and coating process this weekend. Going to coat the tires and wheels. I don't have a lift and don't feel like removing the tires. For the wheel drums, would you still recommend coating them (difficult accessibility) or use a spray sealant and call it a day?

Does wheel drums = barrels?

bob m
04-30-2021, 10:16 AM
Does wheel drums = barrels?

Sorry, yes it does.

Rsurfer
04-30-2021, 10:58 AM
Wheels off would be the best way. Very difficult to get behind the spokes. I guess a partial coating is better than nothing.

evo77
04-30-2021, 11:11 AM
Bust out your hydraulic jack or if you don't have one use the crank jack in your vehicle and take the wheels off.

My opinion is, if your going to spend the time to coat them might as well go to the extra mile and do it the right way. I think you'll be much more satisfied afterwards knowing that you cleaned/prepped/coated every square inch of the wheel.

2black1s
04-30-2021, 11:13 AM
At a minimum, if you're dead set on not removing the wheels, I would jack up the vehicle one wheel at a time. Then you could rotate the wheel for more complete accessibility.

But like others have stated... Wheels off is the best.