PDA

View Full Version : CAR Dryers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

CaneCharger
04-29-2021, 09:21 AM
Who has them, recommendations...pro's con's?

2black1s
04-29-2021, 11:14 AM
Here's mine...

Pros: Inexpensive, Effective
Cons: Bulky

dwaleke
04-29-2021, 11:46 AM
I have a nice dual motor one sold by another detailing retailer, I also have an EGO blower, and the Flex blower.

The dual motor one by far works the best, but it is tethered by the cord. I probably use the little Flex blower the most, but that is mostly to dry wheels/tires and all the nooks and crannies like the mirrors, etc where water gets stuck.

If you want to use a blower to dry paint you really need a protection product that has excellent hydrophobic properties on the paint otherwise the blowers don't work so great.

psnt1ol
04-29-2021, 06:25 PM
Metro Master Blaster and metro sidekick. The side kick is great for wheels and small areas. Master blaster is a beast. it can blow a gallon container full of liquid across a table. Both unit provides filtered air and the master blaster air is heated. The master blaster is great for production work as well as drying off well maintenance vehicles. I use the side kick more than I do the master blaster due to the size difference.

Eldorado2k
04-29-2021, 06:31 PM
I love the Metro Sidekick. Use it to dry wheels & tires, mirrors, emblems, grills, etc… Also comes in handy when polishing to blow away dust. It’s the perfect size, just don’t expect it to dry a whole vehicle.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210429/4ef7920ae360d21cebc2c668c9b76633.jpg

Bill D
04-29-2021, 06:46 PM
I have an Air Wand (leaf blower attachment) but I haven't used it in years. Using a PFM goes by fast enough for me.

Eldorado2k
04-29-2021, 07:16 PM
I have an Air Wand (leaf blower attachment) but I haven't used it in years. Using a PFM goes by fast enough for me.

What does it connect to? The shop vac?

Bill D
04-29-2021, 07:22 PM
It attached to the leaf blower body. I bought the whole thing: the Air Wand attachment and the electric blower. It's not the best engineered thing in the world though.

Bill D
04-29-2021, 07:25 PM
This is the best photo I could take of the Air Wandhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210430/afcf916a210f6c45692fd29ade48c6b7.jpg

dgage
04-29-2021, 07:36 PM
I have a nice dual motor one sold by another detailing retailer, I also have an EGO blower, and the Flex blower.

The dual motor one by far works the best, but it is tethered by the cord. I probably use the little Flex blower the most, but that is mostly to dry wheels/tires and all the nooks and crannies like the mirrors, etc where water gets stuck.

If you want to use a blower to dry paint you really need a protection product that has excellent hydrophobic properties on the paint otherwise the blowers don't work so great.

I agree with this though I don’t have the Flex but do have an Ego and Big Boi dual-motor blower. You really need a coating or coating lite product with hydrophobic properties for best results over large panels but for nooks and crannies (and wheels) they’re great.

Eldorado2k
04-29-2021, 07:48 PM
This is the best photo I could take of the Air Wandhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210430/afcf916a210f6c45692fd29ade48c6b7.jpg

Yea that thing looks dangerous. Lol

Bill D
04-29-2021, 07:52 PM
Haven't used it in forever. I don't even know if they're still in business.

PaulMys
04-29-2021, 08:09 PM
I used to use my backpack leaf blower which is rated at 230mph at the discharge point. (Manufacturers claim, but it is an animal of a machine.)

It worked, but to be quite honest it would take a couple of minutes to dry most panels (especially horizontal) as it would kind of just push water around in a 180 degree pattern so that it forced you to go back & forth many times to clear only about 90% of the water. And then go back for "mop-up duty" with a drying towel.

Now, it's just a Griot's PFM for me.

No noise, no spending 2 minutes per panel, no 2nd go-round, and no BS.

Eldorado2k
04-29-2021, 10:59 PM
I used to use my backpack leaf blower which is rated at 230mph at the discharge point. (Manufacturers claim, but it is an animal of a machine.)

It worked, but to be quite honest it would take a couple of minutes to dry most panels (especially horizontal) as it would kind of just push water around in a 180 degree pattern so that it forced you to go back & forth many times to clear only about 90% of the water. And then go back for "mop-up duty" with a drying towel.

Do you still use it for the yard?

Coatingsarecrack
04-30-2021, 04:43 AM

I know your not a coatings guy but waxes and sealants don’t evacuate the watet like a coating. That blower would have the water jumping off the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk