PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz UK 3.0 and Plastics

ZL1Mike
04-27-2021, 11:39 PM
Has anyone used Cquartz UK 3.0 on plastic grilles, etc? I know they offer a ceramic coating specifically for plastic, but I still have a full bottle of 3.0 left. Based on what I've read, the 3.0 will wear off much sooner than it would on paint. What's the longevity of this product when applied to plastic? I don't mind purchasing DLux if the 3.0 is not going to hold up.

Thanks

The Guz
04-27-2021, 11:51 PM
It will work. It will darken as close as DLUX at first but after awhile it will lose a little of it's darkening while DLUX maintains its look longer. Just apply it again a t a later time.

ZL1Mike
04-28-2021, 10:48 AM
It will work. It will darken as close as DLUX at first but after awhile it will lose a little of it's darkening while DLUX maintains its look longer. Just apply it again a t a later time.

Would I have strip the old application off the plastic if I wanted to add more down the road?

Bruno Soares
04-28-2021, 11:37 AM
Would I have strip the old application off the plastic if I wanted to add more down the road?

I use DLux and don't strip, just make sure it's clean and cover again. On textured plastic it's so easy to apply, just do it as evenly as you can and you don't even need to go back and wipe it off. Maybe UK is not as simple, I've only used UK on paint and wheels, not on trim. But in general, I think UK is easier to use than DLux as it's not so tacky. DLux after a few moments becomes pretty sticky.

The Guz
04-28-2021, 11:46 AM
Nope. Plus you won't actually be able to fully strip it off deep into the pores. Wash, prep wipe and reapply.

ZL1Mike
04-29-2021, 06:57 PM
Thanks, guys! I’m going to try the 3.0. If I’m not satisfied then I’ll pick up a bottle of DLux

ZL1Mike
07-09-2021, 03:25 PM
So far, the UK 3.0 is holding up well. When I re-apply, should I wipe it off? Or is it good to go after I apply?

Bruno Soares
07-09-2021, 07:04 PM
If it’s smooth plastic you need to level the coating. Texture plastic you don’t, just apply as evenly as possible.

The Guz
07-09-2021, 09:02 PM
Wash, panel wipe and reapply down the road.