PDA

View Full Version : Rate my restart into detailing our 2 cars.

alkemyst
04-26-2021, 07:51 PM
My son just got his first car, 1995 Accord LX Sedan. Only 89k miles. Has lots of mods and he loves it. Interior is 1/2 way through an Ivory to Black conversion. I am trying to help him (picked up the dealer installed black leather kit for him). We will probably have to respray alot of the ivory plastic since the black parts are mostly discontinued. He has some blemishes, some scratches, I need to fix the front right headlight since there is some damage around it.

My car is a 2016 Cadillac CTS VSport. Paint is good, had some wash swirls that a previous detailer got out about 95%.

I picked up:

G9 machine with the BlackFire AIO kit (The G9, BF One Step, 6 5.5 LC white pads, 12 16x16 Cobra Forrest Storm MF cloths, 5" backing plate)

Meguiar's Complete 2 bucket kit (two 3.5 buckets with grit guards, Megs X3002 MF wash mitt, Cobra Supreme Guzzler Waffle, 128oz Megs D110 Hyper Wash, 24oz Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer)

Cobra MF All Purpose Wheel Washing kit, I like to keep my wheel stuff separate from my paint stuff. ( 4 MF All Purpose black detailing towels, Black Onyx Micro-Chenelle Wash mitt)

Fire Hose Nozzle and 25' of 3/4" non-kink hose.

50' 12/3 lighted 3way outdoor extension cord.

6x tire gel applicators

32oz Poorboys Bold and bright (more natural finish I have heard)

16oz Megs Endurance Tire Gel (Glossy, my son likes that better)

200g of Chemical Guys Grey clay and 200g of blue

44oz of Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer

A wheel brush kit (LucklyJone on Amazon...nothing special)

a couple Chemical Guys Lime Green wash mitts

I have over 100 of the Amazon Basics Blue, White and Yellow MF clothes.

I have a 32oz of Megs Ultimate Compound that I use to just clean up friends and family headlights. It is awesome by hand even.

dgage
04-27-2021, 12:45 AM
About the only issue I see with that arsenal are your pads. The white pads will polish well but may not do much correcting. You may want to pick up some of the orange pads for more light to moderate correction and use the white for final polishing (minimal correcting). The white pads likely won’t touch your son’s paint, which you stated had more blemishes. Even the orange may not correct everything with BF AIO but would get out a nice amount and make his paint look better. You could always use the Megs Ultimate Compound with the orange pads for a little more correction but the correction ability would be limited with a white pad.

Have fun!

alkemyst
04-27-2021, 07:54 AM
I was not sure if white would be enough either. I never used an AIO (Used to Meg's multi step professional line up). I haven't used the Ultimate Compound on paint yet, but I may give it a go. I just picked up 6 orange and 6 black pads.