PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Pure Carnauba Wax

Dr Oldz
04-25-2021, 02:18 AM
Soooooooo many LSP’s available anymore.Sooooo many forms that are extremely easy to use, to the dedicated coatings in today’s market. Yet every time I use this amazingly cheap wax, I am always surprised by the results.

It’s no suprise to some that have read my post, that I am a Nuba lover. While personally I enjoy all forms of paint protection, I still think a good quality nuba looks amazing.

After recently doing a bunch of coating jobs, I had a client looking for a 2 step compound/polish job with a traditional wax. So after compounding and polishing, I chose Mothers wax for 2 reasons.

First off, I knew it would provide the look I was after.

Secondly .........and this is big, I wanted to machine apply. Mothers makes the only tin of wax that will accept a 5 inch pad. Makes waxing with a machine super easy..!

You hear of ceramic coatings having that self cleaning ability..... I find this wax has the same properties albeit for not as long. Actually this wax may do it better initially....

So with some new comers to the detailing...... the latest and greatest may be the hot item or latest fad, but tried and tested products like this still stand tall!

mbkite
04-25-2021, 05:42 AM
Was a fan of your Nuba thread over. At Ltd back in the day

Dr Oldz
04-25-2021, 09:32 AM
Was a fan of your Nuba thread over. At Ltd back in the day

Thank you.

I would have loved to post that thread here but too many of them are unavailable here at AG. Because of that fact and my respect for AG, it’s why I didn’t. Shame now because all that info is gone.

FUNX650
04-25-2021, 10:38 AM
An astonishingly impressive car Wax,
on its own accord. Also: an integral
part of Mothers Ultimate Wax System—
a system that I’ve often recommended.

Bob

superdave592
04-26-2021, 06:05 PM
I loved the old Nuba thread. And have more than a few from that list

forrest@mothers
04-26-2021, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the kind words. 05550 has been around since the late 80s.

When we introduced it, we took some cans from the first batch and put them in presentation boxes for a few of our buyers. I still have one.

https://i.imgur.com/n3TMGVFl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FoKoPbBl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/U8yXJBQl.jpg

Maybe I should donate it to the Mike Phillips vintage museum. BTW, the wax inside still looks (and smells!) good.

Dr Oldz
04-26-2021, 10:01 PM
Very cool Forrest!!’ Thank you for sharing.

Coatingsarecrack
04-27-2021, 04:37 AM
Thank you.

I would have loved to post that thread here but too many of them are unavailable here at AG. Because of that fact and my respect for AG, it’s why I didn’t. Shame now because all that info is gone.

You can post things like that on sister site Autopia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jem7sk
04-27-2021, 06:20 AM
Which one is best.. liquid or can?

forrest@mothers
04-27-2021, 08:20 AM
Paste and liquid perform the same, so it’s preference.

I prefer paste - I’m less likely to overapply, and paste is a better value. It’s not uncommon to get 20+ applications out of 1 can versus 3-5 out of a bottle.

JDGolden
04-30-2021, 02:39 PM
I have so many waxes and sealants I'm not sure if I need another. But this will be on my list in the future. Would love to test it.

DUBL0WS6
04-30-2021, 07:13 PM
Paste and liquid perform the same, so it’s preference.

I prefer paste - I’m less likely to overapply, and paste is a better value. It’s not uncommon to get 20+ applications out of 1 can versus 3-5 out of a bottle.

You can tell that Forrest isn't a marketing guy. If he was he'd tell you the liquid is easier to work with and not mention the number of uses per can/bottle.

forrest@mothers
04-30-2021, 10:30 PM
You can tell that Forrest isn't a marketing guy.

Thanks. 30 years of sales and about three million miles of airplane flights.

DUBL0WS6
05-03-2021, 10:04 PM
Thanks. 30 years of sales and about three million miles of airplane flights.

Years ago I was talking to someone and they spoke highly of you. That's why I buy some of your products.