PDA

View Full Version : Paint Stains or Etching

cameradude
04-21-2021, 12:30 PM
Hey guys just wanting validation on this...fighting these stains from being under trees look like maybe even etching from oak leaves when vehicle gets wet from rain or dew overnight. Might even be a little poo from roaches or other insects in trees. Been fighting this for a while using a long throw DA with One-Step, compound and polish then a ceramic coating but nothing seems to prevent them or remove them completely. Even tried using the rotary on it, it just made it shiny but you could still see the blotches looking at an angle. Suggestions?

cameradude
04-30-2021, 06:42 PM
Hey guys just wanting validation on this...fighting these stains from being under trees look like maybe even etching from oak leaves when vehicle gets wet from rain or dew overnight. Might even be a little poo from roaches or other insects in trees. Been fighting this for a while using a long throw DA with One-Step, compound and polish then a ceramic coating but nothing seems to prevent them or remove them completely. Even tried using the rotary on it, it just made it shiny but you could still see the blotches looking at an angle. Suggestions?

...guess everyone here is at a loss for words!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texchappy
04-30-2021, 06:54 PM
It’s hard to tell from the photos. After a wash, can you feel anything with your fingertips? Does clay effect it at all?

cameradude
04-30-2021, 07:12 PM
No...cant feel a thing, just clay mitted it again to see. Its almost like its under the clear coat, just cloudiness....https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210501/43e1d26f0bc5d347a69ef0fdf849b83e.jpg
....it feels smooth though.

cameradude
04-30-2021, 07:15 PM
...I know some say try using wheel acid but I wanna exhaust all options first. Maybe I値l get frisky this wkend and try compound then polish instead of the AIO. If that fails I値l give it a shot with the rotary and see? I知 ising a 15mm long throw DA...

Texchappy
04-30-2021, 07:22 PM
I think from all you’ve done, nothing that you do to the surface will effect it. It’s something in the paint layer. I’d try some kind of decon - iron remover, etc.

cameradude
04-30-2021, 08:00 PM
Yea I知 at my wits end. I think this is just from parking under oak trees even though I wash and maintain the truck regularly. Thats why I just thought it was tannic staining or something like that. But it first started showing up a little at a time bout a year ago when it would rain every day or so and it would dry like that...thats why I thought etching or staining.
I値l also try posting this in some other sites to see if there痴 any other thoughts on this.
Lemme know if something else hits ya that you think I could try. Will prob do a test spot with a little acid to see as well...

cameradude
04-30-2021, 08:02 PM
Oh already tried iron remover from Mckees...nothing.

Prange
05-01-2021, 07:30 AM
ValuGard ABC may help.

Texchappy
05-01-2021, 04:20 PM
Maybe try a water spot remover? Thought about the ABC system but didn’t recommend it because I’ve never used it personally. Heard many good things about it and it’s been around for a while,

Billy Baldone
05-01-2021, 04:32 PM
wheel acid. then clean it with an APC to neutralize the acid