PDA

View Full Version : Carpro reset

Pages : [1] 2

bolts
04-17-2021, 09:49 AM
Ok so I think carpro reset works really well as a soap regardless of the lsp, it looks like it cleans a coated car very well. Only problem is it is rather expensive and the 4l size not easily accessible for me. So, I am wondering if there is anything equivalent but in a cheaper version? Any thoughts?

2wookies
04-17-2021, 10:16 AM
Grab one of these so you’re not wasting product. When I started measuring it out I saw my bottles last much longer.
Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner 32 oz. (https://www.autogeek.net/problbopr32o.html)

TTQ B4U
04-17-2021, 10:49 AM
large gallons are still out there. it's about $1 per ounce and 1oz makes 5 gals of suds. well worth the money. do use some type of measuring device.

dgage
04-17-2021, 11:56 AM
Or do what I did and get a bunch of Bettix bottles. I bought my Bettix bottles along with some of the Contour Gray (chemical-resistant) spray heads from US Plastics though shipping was a little high.
https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/4233/medium/7CD59856-2C90-4FF3-A117-2716FDD32373.jpeg (https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/141563/title/bettix-bottles-filled/cat/4233)

The Guz
04-17-2021, 12:21 PM
Keep in mind that Reset has the potential to degrade a wax or sealant. For a coating it’s no problem.

Look into Meguiar’s Hyper Wash as an alternative.

bolts
04-17-2021, 12:44 PM
Ok so I coated all my cars, I use all kinds of soap but I think reset works best in cleaning and reviving the coating or at least it looks like that to me. I usually use hyperwash since its relatively cheap versus reset but I do have adams and the mckee sio2 one that Ive been trying to use up. I like using w4 if the car is really dirty as a prewash foam. I mostly use reset in the bucket and everything else with the cannon and buy it when there is a sale on ag or autopia and have it shipped to my brother in socal in fact I just ordered another 4l yesterday on the sale.

Rsurfer
04-17-2021, 01:44 PM
Ok so I coated all my cars, I use all kinds of soap but I think reset works best in cleaning and reviving the coating or at least it looks like that to me. I usually use hyperwash since its relatively cheap versus reset but I do have adams and the mckee sio2 one that Ive been trying to use up. I like using w4 if the car is really dirty as a prewash foam. I mostly use reset in the bucket and everything else with the cannon and buy it when there is a sale on ag or autopia and have it shipped to my brother in socal in fact I just ordered another 4l yesterday on the sale.

Have you tried Car Pro's Lift in your foam cannon as a prewash?

bolts
04-17-2021, 02:10 PM

I have not tried lift nor the koch chemie one I would like to try but is hard for me to get those and is more expensive than reset so not sure if that is the way to go. I like the idea of a prewash foam but dont do it that often. Seems like w4 takes off a decent amount of dirt or it could just be the pw blasting everything off too and me just thinking its doing something!

Rsurfer
04-17-2021, 03:35 PM
I have not tried lift nor the koch chemie one I would like to try but is hard for me to get those and is more expensive than reset so not sure if that is the way to go. I like the idea of a prewash foam but dont do it that often. Seems like w4 takes off a decent amount of dirt or it could just be the pw blasting everything off too and me just thinking its doing something!

Yeah, I hear you..mind games.:D

briarpatch
04-18-2021, 07:03 PM

Yes I have. I think the key is to have appropriate expectations as far as pre-washes go. It did a very good job of loosening up and carrying away the heavy stuff, as I thought it would. Foamed pretty nice....not as nice as Reset, but still pretty nice. I'm only running SunJoe SPX3000, so I was pretty pleased with the results.

rick100
04-18-2021, 07:53 PM
Meguiar’s Hyper Wash is good too

I still use reset though , I m just faithful to the carpro brand and it is easy accessible to me.

DetailZeus
04-19-2021, 12:19 AM
Or do what I did and get a bunch of Bettix bottles. I bought my Bettix bottles along with some of the Contour Gray (chemical-resistant) spray heads from US Plastics though shipping was a little high.
https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/4233/medium/7CD59856-2C90-4FF3-A117-2716FDD32373.jpeg (https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/141563/title/bettix-bottles-filled/cat/4233)

I just did this myself! They work great for anything that's not viscous. Perfect for 3D super soap which is another high dilution shampoo. I bought the 32 oz ones and I like them much better than a hand pump on a gallon, more accurate and no drips.

CleanIT
07-05-2022, 08:48 AM
Has anyone tried Reset on wheels? I'm curious if it has the cleaning power to handle wheels.

TTQ B4U
07-05-2022, 09:13 AM
Has anyone tried Reset on wheels? I'm curious if it has the cleaning power to handle wheels.

Depends on the car. It's my go-to for my personal vehicles. I have ceramic-coated wheels and don't use any dedicated wheel cleaner. I simply use Reset in my IK12 and or whatever is left in my bucket when I'm done with the rest of the car.

Now, on customer cars, I do use wheel specific cleaner.

Desertnate
07-05-2022, 10:59 AM
Agree. It's still a car wash soap, just a little stronger than most.

If you are facing some fairly grimy wheels and especially a German car with their legendary brake dust, I be reaching for a dedicated wheel cleaner.