PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Indiana

Corey
04-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Hey everyone. I just registered not too long ago and my account finally got activated. I joined on here cause I'm a car lover and love to clean my car. I've basically used over the counter waxes from Meguirs on the past three cars I've owned, but did have a small run wiht Zaino. I basically do everything I can by hand, but I'm wanting to learn more about buffing. I've used Meguirs NXT for the past few years and just bought a bottle of the new NXT 2.0 a few weeks ago.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to use, I'm all ears and always have a open mind to try something new. I'm wanting to pick up a Porter Cable here soon and start practicing on my daily driver which is a 2000 Focus.

Here are some pics of my last car that I used nothing but NXT on....Feed back please

Corey
04-09-2008, 07:09 AM
If there is a starter kit that any of you recommend let me know. I just noticed the new FLEX on here as well. I'm interested in getting something really soon. :buffing:

Here is a partial pic of my current car. :D

Bernard
04-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Very nice Evo 8 u got there. :welcome:

Bruce B
04-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Welcome Corey,
I started with the PC7424 but if I had to do it over I would get the flex if you can afford it. If you only have a PC some day you will want a rotary buffer. (kinda like buying a "small" motorcycle, it isn't long before you will want to trade up. The flex will do everything you need to do.
It won't be long before you become addicted to packages from AG showing up at your door !

Cheers

Corey
04-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Very nice Evo 8 u got there. :welcome:
Thanks....I miss the 8 all the time, but hopefully the 9 will start looking like the 8 in due time. I don't think my 9 will be as photogenic as the red one though no matter what I do to the paint. :buffing:

Corey
04-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Welcome Corey,
I started with the PC7424 but if I had to do it over I would get the flex if you can afford it. If you only have a PC some day you will want a rotary buffer. (kinda like buying a "small" motorcycle, it isn't long before you will want to trade up. The flex will do everything you need to do.
It won't be long before you become addicted to packages from AG showing up at your door !

Cheers

Thanks for the welcome. Only thing about the rotary is I'm afraid of damaging the paint unless I'm thinking of some other kind. I've read its pretty much impossible to damage the paint with the PC. I haven't read much on the FLEX casue I just seen it this morning right before I was going to bed and now I'm going to work.

Driven Auto Detail
04-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Hey Corey, welcome! I'm also from Indiana.