PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Wax Flex Wax **UPDATED WITH PICS**

Don M
04-13-2021, 07:14 AM
I finally got the Camaro out of the shop yesterday and after it stopped raining, I got it all washed up and ready to try the Flex Wax, but by then it was too dark.

So sometime today (after I find out what`s on the wife`s honey-do list) I am going to put an application on the car. Today is going to be on the cool side, which is good because I know that with the HS Ceramic Spray that cooler is better since it doesn`t flash too fast after applying and you can do a small section, then buff it off before it flashes - it works AWESOME that way, no damp towel wipe needed. I expect the Flex Wax will be similar.

Expect a write up and pics later today.

Don M
04-13-2021, 01:26 PM
I applied the Flex Wax in the garage, in the shade, where it is about 65* with a new round microfiber applicator. One spritz per section, breaking up each panel into two (or more) sections (the hood was 8 sections). I massaged the product into the paint with overlapping circular, front to back and up and down motions, then buffed it off with a plush microfiber before it flashed.

As far as application, it spreads well and once the applicator is loaded with product (it took several sections to load up the applicator), I didn`t need to apply very much more Flex Wax to the pad to continue...I may have even used a bit more than recommended. On removal, since it hadn`t flashed and was still damp(ish), there was a SLIGHT bit of grabbiness, but flipping the removal towel eliminated that and IMO, it is MUCH slicker than the Ceramic Spray Sealant in feel. And it`s true ... the longer it sits, the slicker it gets, tomorrow morning it should be incredible. I plan on a second coat tomorrow morning .... UNLESS the wife has more honey-do`s for me. If so, I`ll just wait until Friday when she goes to Virginia to visit her grandmother.

Here are the pics, just remember, this car isn`t perfect. There is some washing/drying, and random love marks and scratches that don`t show up in the pictures...BUT... it IS a 9 year old, daily driver through ALL of Ohio`s seasons, so be gentle.

PaulMys
04-13-2021, 05:08 PM
Looks GREAT, Don! :dblthumb2:

Don M
04-14-2021, 03:08 PM
After waiting 24 hours, I put a second coat of Flex Wax on the Camaro and it`s been about 4 hours since I did that. All I can say is wow, Wow, WOW! When Papa Smurf 918 did his video on it, he kept going on about the gloss and slickness - HE WASN`T KIDDING!

My phone camera can`t pick up the difference between the 1st and 2nd application, but to the naked eye it`s BLATANTLY obvious. Very dark, very black and VERY glossy and slick. And the best part? I used MAYBE 1.5 oz for TWO applications, that`s paint, glass, headlights, tail lights and trim.

PA DETAILER
04-15-2021, 09:47 AM
Might have to get a bottle to play around with.

Don M
04-15-2021, 11:26 AM
Might have to get a bottle to play around with.

If you like the Ceramic Spray Coating, give the Flex graphene a try. If you don't like it, you can give it to me :D