PDA

View Full Version : Got some terrible water spots on the glass/mirrors... help.

MrOneEyedBoh
04-11-2021, 05:48 AM
Looking at my truck yesterday, I saw a good but of hard water spots on the glass. Im not sure from what/how but yeah. They didnt come off with glass cleaner, so whats next? I have some glass restore stuff I got back in the day from one of Nick Rutters mystery boxes that he was doing - never used it or anything like it. Will it scratch the glass? Marr the mirrors?

I also have spotless from Carpro and again, never used it as well. Can it be used on glass safely? Can I just spray on a rag and wipe the glass - or do I have to rewash the car/glass to remove the film left behind? Maybe use a glass cleaner afterwards to remove the film?

Bruno Soares
04-11-2021, 07:19 AM
The glass you can polish or compound like you would with paint. The mirrors you should avoid anything harsh as they will get damaged.

Try spotless or the glass restorer first, you might just get lucky if the spots are recent, otherwise will need abrasion.

2black1s
04-11-2021, 10:03 AM
I'd start with a clay bar...

FUNX650
04-11-2021, 12:12 PM
Auto Glass Cleaning Facts & Tips: learn about glass cleaners, towels, and water spot removal... DP Krystal Vision, Cobra Glass towel, water spots, (https://www.autogeek.net/waterspots.html)

Bob

Hoytman
04-11-2021, 05:54 PM
Several links to products that people are putting up do not come up on my phone.