PDA

View Full Version : 1,000,000th time Griots g15 vs Rupes mark III

mosin55
04-11-2021, 12:16 AM
I have searched the old threads and have not seen any recent topics on these two. I am looking to buy a 15mm long throw polisher, and I can not make up my mind between these two.

I have seen that the griots is New and Improved, and has a lower price point than what I remember it was initially. It is almost $200 cheaper than the Rupes. Do you think that the Rupes is really worth the extra $200?

I really like the innovation and system that the Rupes has behind it. I also like Griots warranty and price point now. If the Rupes has a noticeable performance, and other things, I would be more than happy to buy the rupes.

I am up for buying either one, I just need some feedback on which route to go. Thanks.

Coatingsarecrack
04-11-2021, 01:14 AM
I have searched the old threads and have not seen any recent topics on these two. I am looking to buy a 15mm long throw polisher, and I can not make up my mind between these two.

I have seen that the griots is New and Improved, and has a lower price point than what I remember it was initially. It is almost $200 cheaper than the Rupes. Do you think that the Rupes is really worth the extra $200?

I really like the innovation and system that the Rupes has behind it. I also like Griots warranty and price point now. If the Rupes has a noticeable performance, and other things, I would be more than happy to buy the rupes.

I am up for buying either one, I just need some feedback on which route to go. Thanks.

I have the old g15 and went through same debate. I decided on the g15 and a 3” polisher for the same money. As a hobbyist I’m completely satisfied.

I’m leary on the new one as it is cheaper by $100 or more but better? That normally not a thing but i haven’t tried new one.

The only things I read here when they launched was their were alot of issues at launch. Also thet kept delaying because of issues.

With the lifetime warranty though I wouldn’t worry too much. Just used it last week and it’s smooth as butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psnt1ol
04-11-2021, 01:36 AM
I have the Rupes 21 and I got the new G15 2 months ago.... I am quite happy with the G15. Rupes is a bit quieter and possibly a tad smoother (with the right pad) but you cant beat the value of the G15. The warrantee is just a bonus.

The delay of the launch for the G15 was due to a backing plate issue from my understanding. They went back to the drawing board and redesigned it. I am glad GG caught the issue prior to the launch and fixed it before shipping. It is decision like this that gave me faith in a company.

The savings from buying the G15 over the Rupes can go toward a G8 (which I have as well) and you still have money left over. LOL

mosin55
04-11-2021, 10:22 AM
I have the Rupes 21 and I got the new G15 2 months ago.... I am quite happy with the G15. Rupes is a bit quieter and possibly a tad smoother (with the right pad) but you cant beat the value of the G15. The warrantee is just a bonus.

The delay of the launch for the G15 was due to a backing plate issue from my understanding. They went back to the drawing board and redesigned it. I am glad GG caught the issue prior to the launch and fixed it before shipping. It is decision like this that gave me faith in a company.

The savings from buying the G15 over the Rupes can go toward a G8 (which I have as well) and you still have money left over. LOL

Do you use the boss pads or something else?

psnt1ol
04-11-2021, 10:56 AM
I used both the Lake Country HD Orbital Foam Pads as well as the Rupes pads. These pads were used on the Rupes 21 prior to the G15. I do prefer the Lake country pads over the Rupes. To me.... I dont have to maneuver the machine as much to keep it from stalling over curves.