PDA

View Full Version : Dry ice cleaning....

psnt1ol
04-10-2021, 06:08 PM
Been watching some vids on cleaning undercarriages through dry ice. They say its non abrasive and it was impressive on metal parts. I was hoping to see this in person but No one locally offered this service. Does anyone have more info or had experiences with this????

Bill D
04-10-2021, 06:40 PM
I just happened to see a video on this today. Passing fancy?

Bruno Soares
04-10-2021, 06:47 PM
Looks pretty cool, that guy doing Matt’s BMW is really good at explaining the process. Must be new, never heard of a place in my area either.

MisterSnoop
04-10-2021, 06:56 PM
Griot's Motors mentioned they do it when Griot's Garage toured their facility during one of their live streams.

Sizzle Chest
04-10-2021, 09:18 PM
Had a few clients have it done on their classic Ferrari's. It works. Really cleans up the engine/undercarriage/etc. Expensive to start up with it, the equipment is $$$. But it works!

psnt1ol
04-10-2021, 09:24 PM
Had a few clients have it done on their classic Ferrari's. It works. Really cleans up the engine/undercarriage/etc. Expensive to start up with it, the equipment is $$$. But it works!

$$$ is a little easier to deal with but i heard its actually $$,$$$ for all the equipment. LOL

Bladegunner
04-11-2021, 10:32 AM
There was a guy in town here doing it for cleaning restaurants and commercial kitchens benefit was no harsh chemicals being used and only the removed material was left to be cleaned up. I ran into him on a remodel of a pool and surrounding deck on the 5th floor of the Plaza hotel. Pool had been leaking and the steel holding it was rusting and he was going to clean it to see what needed to be replaced. Not sure if he is still around or not. I was going to have him clean the tile on my pool but never got around to it.

Bobbykart
04-14-2021, 02:30 PM
Yes , saw it on the corvette forum, Hagerty article I believe

Bobbykart
04-14-2021, 02:33 PM
Dry ice cleaning: The coolest way to remove rust, grime, and undercoating | Hagerty Media (https://www.hagerty.com/media/maintenance-and-tech/dry-ice-cleaning-the-coolest-way-to-remove-rust-grime-and-undercoating/?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Thursday_DailyDriver)

DUBL0WS6
04-14-2021, 08:24 PM
I think it's somewhere around 40K to get a mobile dry ice set up

Markymapo
04-14-2021, 11:21 PM
Pretty cool technique. And to think I have a liquid nitrogen tank sitting right outside my biotech lab that is 2 stories tall. If I could only get close enough with my car out back maybe I could rig up a hose to clean thing up.. well, then again maybe not ( not worth an instant addition to the unemployment numbers)