PDA

View Full Version : Rag Company's Pluffle or Griot's Garage's Plush Edgeless Towels?

Pages : [1] 2 3

bob m
04-09-2021, 06:56 PM
Any real deal difference or personal preference between these 2 premium towels?

Microfiber Plush Edgeless Towels, Set of 6

- Griot's Garage (https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/microfiber+plush+edgeless+towels+set+of+6.do?sortb y=ourPicks&from=Search)

20x40 Pluffle Premium Drying Towel - Grey (https://www.autogeek.net/rc-20x40-pluffle-drying-towel-grey.html)

PaulMys
04-09-2021, 07:21 PM
I have not tried the Pluffles yet.

But I have the PET's from Griot's, and they are incredible. They rank right up in the top 3 varieties of towels I have tried, IMO.

I have had pretty good experiences with TRC (with a few exceptions), but I would bet there are going to be Pluffle fans that chime in.

I will add that I have not been able to use the Griot's towels long enough to attest to longevity just yet........

bob m
04-09-2021, 07:24 PM
I have not tried the Pluffles yet.

But I have the PET's from Griot's, and they are incredible. They rank right up in the top 3 varieties of towels I have tried, IMO.

I have had pretty good experiences with TRC (with a few exceptions), but I would bet there are going to be Pluffle fans that chime in.

I will add that I have not been able to use the Griot's towels long enough to attest to longevity just yet........

Paul.

What would the other two towels be?

PaulMys
04-09-2021, 07:27 PM
Paul.

What would the other two towels be?

Gold Plush are always my go-to "Swiss Army knife" towels, and I still have an addiction to the Cobra Chinchillas for my final buff of toppers or QD-like liquids. :)

bob m
04-09-2021, 07:38 PM
Gold Plush are always my go-to "Swiss Army knife" towels, and I still have an addiction to the Cobra Chinchillas for my final buff of toppers or QD-like liquids. :)

No GG''s PFM's?

PaulMys
04-09-2021, 07:41 PM
No GG''s PFM's?

Well now, those are a whole different animal.....

I may, or may not have built a Shrine for my PFM's. :bowdown:

bob m
04-09-2021, 07:57 PM
Well now, those are a whole different animal.....

I may, or may not have built a Shrine for my PFM's. :bowdown:

Sooooooo, are we surmise that these are on your top four:)?

PaulMys
04-09-2021, 08:00 PM
Sooooooo, are we surmise that these are on your top four:)?

Stop confusing Polish guys for sport, Bob....:confused:

:laughing:

bob m
04-09-2021, 08:23 PM
Stop confusing Polish guys for sport, Bob....:confused:

:laughing:

No worries - my wife is Polish.

fly07sti
04-09-2021, 08:48 PM
@ Bob m , See as how these towels greatly differ in size, what is your intent for them?

bob m
04-09-2021, 09:07 PM
@ Bob m , See as how these towels greatly differ in size, what is your intent for them?

No actually I didn’t notice the size difference. These would be used for detail sprays, Final buff outs for calling toppers, interior cleaning of the piano black moldings and navigation screen And perhaps as super soft wash towel.

The Guz
04-09-2021, 10:22 PM
No actually I didn’t notice the size difference. These would be used for detail sprays, Final buff outs for calling toppers, interior cleaning of the piano black moldings and navigation screen And perhaps as super soft wash towel.

Based on this info, the pluffle is not the right towel for the job. The griots one would be the one to go with.

The Autofiber royal plush is nice for this task.

fly07sti
04-10-2021, 12:26 AM

I have not used those exact Griots towels, but I have many of the pluffles and I actually don’t care for them much. They look cool but I just don’t use them. The style of the Griots would be better suited for what you’re looking for IMO.

Coatingsarecrack
04-10-2021, 03:17 AM
I’m actually a pluffle fan. Big one for drying with drying aids, unless i’m using Ammo Hydrate. I use my PFM’s

16x16 for waterless and quick detailers.... great for that. Love them with Frothe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
04-10-2021, 05:47 AM
Love my PFM's, need to get some glass versions. I also love the Jr. Sucker from that guy who created waves yrs ago on YouTube[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk