PDA

View Full Version : Advice on protecting the HD Windsplitter 10" Windshield

Lance Mark
04-07-2021, 03:15 PM
My old windshield had a small crack when i bought and I recently replaced it. I'd like to clean and protect this new one. It's a favorite place for bugs to come and die and I'm hoping to make cleanup and maintenance a bit easier. This is the one I picked. As to what kind of plastic, I don't know, but it's plastic.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/content/dam/h-d/images/product-images/parts/batch-3/57400206/57400206_OB.tif?impolicy=myresize&rw=700

Mike Phillips
04-07-2021, 03:59 PM
I'd say any quality ceramic coating will help.

Bug guts are nasty so I'm not sure there's a 100% way to stop them from sticking to some level.

Can you simply swerve around them?

:)

2black1s
04-07-2021, 06:42 PM
I do my windshield with whatever product I'm using on the paint. Only exception is I don't compound or polish unless it's absolutely necessary as there is a hard coating on the shield that you don't want to damage or remove. AIOs lightly by hand work great!

Lance Mark
04-07-2021, 07:35 PM
I'd say any quality ceramic coating will help.

Bug guts are nasty so I'm not sure there's a 100% way to stop them from sticking to some level.

Can you simply swerve around them?

:)

Just part of the game. :)

My wife stopped this one with her face somewhere near Moyers, OK going about 70mph. We found it snuggled up between us at the next stop.

I plan on using the Gyeon CanCoat for my LSP, how about that for the windshield?

Coatingsarecrack
04-07-2021, 08:08 PM
Just part of the game. :)

My wife stopped this one with her face somewhere near Moyers, OK going about 70mph. We found it snuggled up between us at the next stop.

I plan on using the Gyeon CanCoat for my LSP, how about that for the windshield?

Many use it on glass and I have personally used on plastics. Some on glass complain of wiper jutter but i’m guessing yo don’t have a wiper.

Should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lance Mark
04-14-2021, 09:08 AM
Not happy with the CanCoat on the windshield.

The shield was completely clean, I wiped it down with Gyeon Prep first. It is cloudy and greasy looking on the plastic windshield.

2black1s
04-14-2021, 05:19 PM
Not happy with the CanCoat on the windshield.

The shield was completely clean, I wiped it down with Gyeon Prep first. It is cloudy and greasy looking on the plastic windshield.

Just use an AIO... It's so easy you could do it everyday if you wanted to.