PDA

View Full Version : P&S Brake Buster - Newbie Questions

jjlsetter
04-02-2021, 01:55 PM
I just got some P&S Brake Buster and plan to use it in a foam sprayer. I have a few questions before using it:

1) Do I need to wet the tires and wheels first before spraying it on?
2) Can I spray it on all wheels first then clean them one at at time? Should I just work on one tire at a time? (I'm able to wash in the shade for the entire wash so I'm not worried about the sun baking anything)
3) After spraying and letting it sit, do agitate with my various brushes with just the sprayed on Brake Buster? Or can a little soap and water in my wheel bucket to help with it? Right now I just have some Meguiar's Gold Class that I was going to use a little bit of in my wheel bucket to help with washing along with the Brake Buster (or not if tha't not recommended).

Thanks!

RickyGrimes
04-02-2021, 06:20 PM
I just got some P&S Brake Buster and plan to use it in a foam sprayer. I have a few questions before using it:

1) Do I need to wet the tires and wheels first before spraying it on?
2) Can I spray it on all wheels first then clean them one at at time? Should I just work on one tire at a time? (I'm able to wash in the shade for the entire wash so I'm not worried about the sun baking anything)
3) After spraying and letting it sit, do agitate with my various brushes with just the sprayed on Brake Buster? Or can a little soap and water in my wheel bucket to help with it? Right now I just have some Meguiar's Gold Class that I was going to use a little bit of in my wheel bucket to help with washing along with the Brake Buster (or not if tha't not recommended).

Thanks!

It will likely work better if applied on dry wheel.

Just scrub after letting sit. If your tires are dirty, you will have to do multiple passes.

I wouldn't mix wash soap with Brake Buster, it would only dilute the bb.