PDA

View Full Version : Rim shield for spraying tire foam....wow!

glen e
04-02-2021, 12:12 PM
Over the years I’ve tried tons of stuff to keep my tires nice and clean, from SIO2 coatings, to foams, to sprays. I have found some really good ones but they all involve bending over which at my age of 70 , I don’t feel like doing anymore. So this absolutely solves my problem. I now use a cheap tire foam like black magic every couple weeks, it works really good and spreads on the tire very quickly. But the problem always is you have to get it off your wheels and the rim edges. This solves that problem. It’s made out of the same cheap plastic that you probably get your sushi in for takeout, but I don’t mind paying for a really good idea. This mounts with two small tabs that press into place on the tire rim size that you order, it fits perfectly, you just spray and move onto the next tire. I’ve gone from 15 minutes of bending over, to three minutes-for all 4 wheels! Wipe it off , put it back in the box it came in and you’re done for a couple weeks...... very happy with this product. Yes I could build one of these very easily , but I didn’t want to, this works and is very well thought out.

Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N16YNMZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Autogeek needs to carry this product.

Mike Phillips
04-02-2021, 01:46 PM
Autogeek needs to carry this product.

When I first came to work at Autogeek back in 2009 we carried something like this. It was phased out. Usually when a product or brand line is phased out, it's due to slow sales.

Andre and Meghan scan the forum, I'm sure they'll see this and if they have any interest they'll do their own due diligence in research.

:)

FUNX650
04-02-2021, 04:30 PM
Over the years I’ve tried tons of stuff
to keep my tires nice and clean...

I have found some really good ones but
they all involve bending over which
at my age of 70 , I don’t feel like
doing anymore.

Me neither!

So this absolutely solves my problem.

I got some similar shields for
“The Good Wife” a while back:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/6738874C-D5DB-4BA8-9587-F43AC99F0F38.jpeg

She does herself proud... :kiss:

Bob

John U
04-02-2021, 08:35 PM
I have one from the 80's I call the "Pledge Shield"...... back when we used Pledge on our tires.

psnt1ol
04-02-2021, 09:56 PM
Me neither!

I got some similar shields for
“The Good Wife” a while back:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/6738874C-D5DB-4BA8-9587-F43AC99F0F38.jpeg

She does herself proud... :kiss:

Bob

Shield ??? What shield ??? I dont see any shields. A little distracted... sorry !!! LOL

PA DETAILER
04-03-2021, 06:39 AM
I still have the black plastic one. Have not used it in years, but for sure, if you use a foam or spray your tires directly, it keeps the product off the wheels. Back in the day some made one out of cardboard.

RTexasF
04-03-2021, 07:31 AM
Over the years I’ve tried tons of stuff to keep my tires nice and clean, from SIO2 coatings, to foams, to sprays. I have found some really good ones but they all involve bending over which at my age of 70 , I don’t feel like doing anymore.

How well I understand as I'm creeping up on 72 next week. Great idea Glen.

glen e
04-03-2021, 07:36 AM
Yep, this is nothing new, over the years I’ve seen them made out of tin/alum sheet, cardboard, and a few black plastic ones. The only thing I’m trying to point out here is it’s available on our favorite evil conglomerate, and has a lip fashioned so that it completely covers the rim edge. No leak/blow-by back on the wheel.....Great implementation of the idea.