PDA

View Full Version : Carpro Reset - Diluting in foam lance bottle?

Rossodio
04-01-2021, 05:07 PM
Hi -

Doing my very first wash of my brand new factory ordered BMW (in Dravit Grey, BMW Individual color... damn it looks awesome) which went straight to the shop to get professional Ceramic Pro 9H and Ceramic Pro Top coating along with coating on the wheels and calipers and inner barrels of the wheels and PPF in high impact areas. It will hit right at 3 weeks from the ceramic coating placement as of Monday.

The car was delivered with a dent on the roof. I had already scheduled the ceramic coating for the day of delivery and my other option was to wait for 8+ weeks to get the BMW Individual color panel in from Germany (this color not available elsewhere) to replace the roof and then do ceramic after 8 weeks of environmental abuse. So I opted to take delivery and get the car coated immediately and schedule a paintless dent repair. Paintless dent repair will be next Wednesday. I know they'll need a pristinely clean surface to do their work so instead of having them "clean" the car by doing a rough contact wash job I wanted to get it cleaned up myself for them prior and do it the right way. I drive about 400 miles a week so it will have about a thousand miles on it when I get the dent repair done.

Anyway, I have a pressure washer and will be using an adjustable foam lance for the first time. The plan is to do a water rinse followed by a foam lance sudsing, additional clean water rinse, then another lance sudsing given it hasn't been touched in 3 weeks with pollen etc. coming in... another water rinse and then a two bucket grit guard contact wash. Will dry with microfiber afterwards. Carpro Reset will be used for all of the washes.

My question is this... the foam lance has a 32 oz bottle and is adjustable. I have no idea how to figure out the amount of Carpro reset to put in the reservoir to get optimal results from it. Also, when adjusting the foam lance, how will I know the dilution is optimal?

Thanks for any help you can offer on these two questions.

fly07sti
04-01-2021, 07:26 PM
It sounds like your vehicle will not be dirty, more dust then anything. I’d pour an ounce in your Cannon. Reset is my top soap and has been for years.

psnt1ol
04-01-2021, 11:50 PM
I use Carpro reset for all coated vehicles. My dilution is anywhere from 2 to 3 oz depending on vehicle condition. I have the MTM P22 foam canon as well as a few amazon special foam cannon (mainly for pre wash or with powerclean). For me.... its a time saver since I dont have to stop and reload the bottle when I switch products. In all cases, the setting on all of them are set at maximum product to water (+ all the way to the end on the knob).

Experiment with different dilution and find one that works for you is what I recommend. Whats good enough for me might not be so for another.

DFB
04-02-2021, 01:18 AM
CarPro Reset is a favorite of mine. Sure, it's expensive, but the user experience is worth the price.

I put about 100 ml / 3.4oz into my PF22.2 foam cannon. The result is excellent foam accompanied by a pleasant scent, I reckon I could identify Reset blindfold!

https://i.postimg.cc/mDdn9msW/jul211.1.jpg (https://postimg.cc/xJzgDy86)

https://i.postimg.cc/442CHxfH/jul211.jpg (https://postimg.cc/c63kVZ8d)

Coatingsarecrack
04-02-2021, 02:46 AM
If your car is not that dirty from rain or puddles and jest a light dusting i’d use 1.5oz when it does get dirty 3oz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruno Soares
04-02-2021, 06:21 AM
I’ve used 3oz of Reset and filled the rest of the bottle with warm water from the tap and that produced excellent foam. Using the cannon wide open. I rarely foam before washing anymore though. Too much soap is wasted doing that.

Rossodio
04-02-2021, 07:13 AM
If your car is not that dirty from rain or puddles and jest a light dusting i’d use 1.5oz when it does get dirty 3oz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, trust me, this car has been pounded on with rain over the last 2 1/2 weeks and been through plenty of puddles. Unfortunately I do not have a garage at home or work, so it will be outside all the time.

The biggest unsightly thing is the pollen that has now been sticking to the surface. Thankfully I can park away from trees but the last few weeks have been dumping time for all of the plants around here.

Sounds like 3 oz will be the trick each time I wash in the reservoir with 29 oz of warm water, with foam set to full blast. We shall see how it goes!

Next investment will probably be a leaf blower for drying...

General Toner
04-02-2021, 07:23 AM
I’ve used 3oz of Reset and filled the rest of the bottle with warm water from the tap and that produced excellent foam. Using the cannon wide open. I rarely foam before washing anymore though. Too much soap is wasted doing that.

Similar on my cars, had to take 4C in rain yesterday for annual inspection on rte 30 (live up rte 100 by the lexus dealership). Think it's first time in 2 yrs that the loos cog has been in non-dry road weather. Need to now wash it of course so will try reset in the foamer (always use hot water). Typically use hyperwash in foamer to not waste reset, but since all cars are cquk3 and this one is more than dust worth a try.