PDA

View Full Version : Pothole Hell

Pages : [1] 2 3

DetailKitty
03-31-2021, 07:11 PM
Those of us that live in the northeast have to deal with destroyed roads this time of year until our local municipals get on the repairs.
My area is a mess right now... can’t go out without dodging huge potholes.
The husband had to have a rim repaired the other day... bent the crap outta it trying to just get to the post office :mad:

How are the rest of you all fairing?

PaulMys
03-31-2021, 07:25 PM
Those of us that live in the northeast have to deal with destroyed roads this time of year until our local municipals get on the repairs.
The husband had to have a rim repaired the other day... bent the crap outta it trying to just get to the post office :mad:

Same here in NY Monica. And NJ is no picnic either. Driving into NJ through NYC and back will cost at least $30 in tolls.

Know what's funny though? I just drove from New London, CT to Pittsfield, MA yesterday. About 135 miles. The roads were about 95% perfect. There are no tolls in CT, and the tolls in Mass are minimal.

Do the DOT's in New England have a secret? Or is it that they actually use their tax dollars for what they are intended for?

I don't drive into PA much, but when I do, I notice the tolls and some crappy roads. (Eastern PA). :dunno::doh:

Klasse Act
03-31-2021, 07:31 PM
Its 2nd nature to look twice and turn once[emoji362][emoji6][emoji779]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DetailKitty
03-31-2021, 07:31 PM
Same here in NY Monica. And NJ is no picnic either. Driving into NJ through NYC and back will cost at least $30 in tolls.

Know what's funny though? I just drove from New London, CT to Pittsfield, MA yesterday. About 135 miles. The roads were about 95% perfect. There are no tolls in CT, and the tolls in Mass are minimal.

Do the DOT's in New England have a secret? Or is it that they actually use their tax dollars for what they are intended for?

I don't drive into PA much, but when I do, I notice the tolls and some crappy roads. (Eastern PA). :dunno::doh:

Yup, eastern PA seems to be really bad :cry:

Gotta say I’m waiting a bit before switching to the summer wheels... the winter ones have more sidewall on the tires for protection.

PaulMys
03-31-2021, 07:34 PM

Gotta say I’m waiting a bit before switching to the summer wheels... the winter ones have more sidewall on the tires for protection.

Good Idea. Which area of PA are you and the hubby and those AWESOME Greyhounds in?

Rsurfer
03-31-2021, 07:36 PM

Imagine some of us with low profile tires!:wowwow:

DetailKitty
03-31-2021, 07:43 PM
Good Idea. Which area of PA are you and the hubby and those AWESOME Greyhounds in?

I’m not far out of Philly.

Imagine some of us with low profile tires!:wowwow:

Um yeah, that’s what we have... minus the grocery-getter :D

Bill D
03-31-2021, 07:44 PM
I’m glad I got of NJ when I did right before the winters were getting bad.

Bruno Soares
03-31-2021, 07:54 PM

I was just telling my wife how bad Rt 100 and 202 are now. You have to focus on the road to be ready to dodge those potholes everywhere.

PaulMys
03-31-2021, 07:55 PM
I’m not far out of Philly.

Ok. My last trip to PA was in the Easton area. I can't remember the dealership name. :/

Rsurfer
03-31-2021, 07:57 PM
Biden wants 2 trillion dollars to repave all the roads in America.:D

PaulMys
03-31-2021, 08:00 PM
Biden wants 2 trillion dollars to repave all the roads in America.:D

Are most of them originating from Central America? :bolt:

Klasse Act
03-31-2021, 08:01 PM
Biden wants 2 trillion dollars to repave all the roads in America.:D...oh yeah, sure[emoji849][emoji39][emoji38] Governor Tyrant....urrrr Whitmer in my home state ran on and won with "Its about time we fix the DAMN roads"...hold on to your wallet tight[emoji779][emoji779][emoji779]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MisterSnoop
03-31-2021, 08:04 PM

I was in Maine a few summers ago and they were entirely laying down new asphalt on entire stretches of road. No patchwork pothole repairs.

PaulMys
03-31-2021, 08:08 PM
I was in Maine a few summers ago and they were entirely laying down new asphalt on entire stretches of road. No patchwork pothole repairs.

Yup. Like I said before, I guess the states in New England use "magic asphalt".