PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this product choice?

Por2geezSupra
04-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Hey guys, what do you think of this choice of products to detail a red car with minor swirls?

PB SSR2.5
PB SSR1
Clearkote Red moose glaze
Nattys blue wax

Should i do a sealant before the rmg, or am i fine with what i have listed? I was thinking maybe doing optimum poliseal between the ssr1 and rmg, but wanted to get some opinions. Thanks!

budman3
04-08-2008, 04:31 PM
A sealant would usually go after the RMG if the glaze allows proper bonding (I haven't used said product before) and Poliseal can be used in place of the RMG, so you really only need one or the other.

TObleRONE
04-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Hey guys, what do you think of this choice of products to detail a red car with minor swirls?

PB SSR2.5
PB SSR1
Nattys blue wax

Should i do a sealant before the rmg, or am i fine with what i have listed? I was thinking maybe doing optimum poliseal between the ssr1 and rmg, but wanted to get some opinions. Thanks!

Wash
Clay
Wash
PB SSR2.5
PB SSR1
AIO (e.g. Klasse)
Nattys blue wax

As far as the sealant, from what I've read, not all sealants and glazes are compatible. I like Poorboy's as well, although I've recently invested in Menz, like so many others here. Good luck!

Por2geezSupra
04-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Ok, so what i have posted should be good to get a nice wet gloss look? Do i need the ssr1 if use ssr2.5? Can i use 2.5 then go strait to the glaze?

And is opti seal or kaio a good idea for paint protection before the wax and glaze?

budman3
04-08-2008, 04:44 PM
There is a good chance that you will need SSR1. You can go from SSR2.5 and a polishing pad, working it in completely and be ready for your glaze but it'll take some practice to do so. The SSR1 will clear up any micro marring and will boost gloss as well. As for the KAIO and Poliseal with a glaze, you'll have to wait for someone who has tried it to respond. I personally think that doing both may not be beneficial but it probably won't hurt anything (other than the glaze not letting a sealant adhere properly).

ScottB
04-08-2008, 06:42 PM
The Poorboy’s Polish & Protect Kit removes moderate imperfections from your vehicle’s finish, seal it under a glossy coat of carnauba, and then (http://www.autogeek.net/popoprkit1.html)