PDA

View Full Version : The new 75th anniversary TW ceramic+graphene...attracting dust?!?!

Pages : [1] 2

Klasse Act
03-29-2021, 07:59 PM
So I applied this product a couple weeks ago. After a decent rain last week, and this past Sat night, the roads were clean. After my daughter and I ran some errands I came back home to notice what looked like salt dust on the bottom sections of the ES.

I don't think it's salt dust but could the mix of graphene, ceramic and those 8 other ingredients be attracting dust? Has anyone else noticed this? It's been suggested its pollen but why just ry he very bottom sections[emoji848]

If this is the problem I see a couple rounds of Griot's Garage foaming surface prep in the ES' near future.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jayfro
03-29-2021, 08:07 PM
Watching this thread as this product has me very intrigued!

What are your initial impressions so far?

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Klasse Act
03-29-2021, 08:16 PM
Watching this thread as this product has me very intrigued!

What are your initial impressions so far?

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnlineI love it!

Went on easy, a little goes a long way, removes easily and really made the .metallic "POP" on my paint, almost looked like it was moving around! The clarity in my finish is spectacular [emoji41]

I'm just waiting to hear from "the big guns" here about this. There's people here amazingly smart about products and I'm hoping to hear something solid one way or the other, maybe it's in my head but maybe its NOT[emoji39][emoji848][emoji44]

acuRAS82
03-29-2021, 09:41 PM
Why don’t you think it’s road dust? We still have slight road dust from here in PA, it’s been dry and this time of year the leaves from last year and dead sticks are probably breaking down before full fledged spring/pollen takes over which is easy to see that it’s yellow/green tint.

Klasse Act
03-30-2021, 05:20 AM
Why don’t you think it’s road dust? We still have slight road dust from here in PA, it’s been dry and this time of year the leaves from last year and dead sticks are probably breaking down before full fledged spring/pollen takes over which is easy to see that it’s yellow/green tint.Because I've never noticed this before and like I said, its rained recently, so the roads should be clean by now.

Klasse Act
03-30-2021, 08:43 AM
So it was bugging the sh!t out of me so I wiped the entire car down with Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine and when getting to the bottoms it was dark like dirt. Keep in mind the car was cleaned Sunday, noticed later that day, to and from work yesterday and to work today. The biggest issue was noticing it later Sunday after running some short errands [emoji39]

DUBL0WS6
03-30-2021, 02:23 PM
Some people have noticed that 303 Graphene is kind of sticky. It may be that is a trait of Graphene and that dirt sticks more to it than other products. See how it reacts after a wash.i

Klasse Act
03-30-2021, 02:29 PM
Some people have noticed that 303 Graphene is kind of sticky. It may be that is a trait of Graphene and that dirt sticks more to it than other products. See how it reacts after a wash.iI can't say I had an issue when I applied the spray 303 graphene coating. That said, I wonder what the % of graphene is in that tub considering there's 10 different products in there [emoji39]

This is my current LSP and can't say I've seen this happen beforehand[emoji848]

Bruno Soares
03-30-2021, 03:47 PM
So another company is copying Bead Maker's best feature? That's not cool.

I doubt it's pollen, too early for that to be going on in your area. Over here we probably have another 4 weeks and then that crap will start.

DETAILROOKIE
03-30-2021, 03:54 PM
It is on my Stinger right now and it is a little dusty but no more than usual. It could be the pollen as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Rsurfer
03-30-2021, 04:42 PM
I can't say I had an issue when I applied the spray 303 graphene coating. That said, I wonder what the % of graphene is in that tub considering there's 10 different products in there [emoji39]

This is my current LSP and can't say I've seen this happen beforehand[emoji848]

Could it be that this wax takes awhile to cure and therefore attracts dirt?

Klasse Act
03-30-2021, 05:30 PM
Could it be that this wax takes awhile to cure and therefore attracts dirt?Hmmmm[emoji848]

derek0609
03-31-2021, 02:06 PM
Could it be that this wax takes awhile to cure and therefore attracts dirt?

Could it be he has 350 layers of varying products that could be causing the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Klasse Act
03-31-2021, 02:08 PM
Could it be he has 350 layers of varying products that could be causing the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProEven on vacation [emoji39][emoji38]

The Guz
03-31-2021, 10:16 PM
Maybe it is the graphene coming off lol. Adams states they have 5% reduced graphene oxide (RGO) in their spray coating and I doubt this wax has that much. It probably lacks in self cleaning than what you are used to.