PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Frothe vs CarPro ECH2O on Ceramic Coating

Pages : [1] 2

TBrio
03-26-2021, 11:50 AM
I recently had ceramic coating done on my car. Off of my last post, quite a few people recommended purchasing Ammo Frothe for waterless washes (thanks again for all of your help!). I'm in the Seattle area so keeping a clean car in the rainy weather is a difficult task.

I was about to bite the bullet on the Ammo Frothe kit especially after reading more about it and really being sold on the foam part of it. But, the installer of the ceramic coating recommends using CarPro ECH20 - I'm guessing it's because the ceramic coating is the same brand.

What would you choose? I'm a newbie to true maintenance and detailing of vehicles so the easier the better, especially for me!

Klasse Act
03-26-2021, 12:13 PM
Echo...hands down!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
03-26-2021, 12:32 PM
Echo...hands down!

:iagree::dblthumb2:

Klasse Act
03-26-2021, 12:52 PM
I'm using up my Frothe as wheel cleaner as its fallen out of favor with me[emoji848]

bob m
03-26-2021, 01:10 PM
I'm using up my Frothe as wheel cleaner as its fallen out of favor with me[emoji848]

Why is that?

Desertnate
03-26-2021, 01:17 PM
I've never used Frothe, so I can't comment on it as a product. I've been curious about Ammo products for quite a while, but their prices have been a factor in keeping me away.

I have used ECH2O and as both a waterless wash and a QD spray. I typically never do waterless washes, but the couple times I've been forced to do a waterless wash, it has served very well. Today, it's my QD of choice for any car with a coating. I use it after nearly every wash. Great product and when you dilute it for various uses, it's really economical.

Bruno Soares
03-26-2021, 01:19 PM
I bought 2 bottles of FROTHe last Black Friday and have yet to use it. The one time I washed my car all winter (due to almost not using it at all) I did a rinseless wash with N-914 instead of trying a waterless with the new product. I'll do a waterless only if the surface is mostly clean, don't want to be dragging a lot of dust around. Reviews looked pretty good though so I think it will be a good product.

TBrio
03-26-2021, 01:42 PM
Thanks, everyone. Maybe I'll try ECH2O first.

So my main reasons for wanting rinseless is because 1) it can rain here so often that I don't want to do a full wash each time and 2) I'm in a townhouse so I don't have much of a driveway.

If I can rinse off the car beforehand, would that be best? And then would I apply the rinseless product on the wet car, or wait for it to dry?

Klasse Act
03-26-2021, 01:47 PM
Why is that?It's just kinda messier and time consuming to use. I've gone back and forth with it.

The Guz
03-26-2021, 03:34 PM
I have not used Frothe and it really does not peak my interest. But EcH20 is a solid choice. Its primary job is a waterless wash. But it is quite versatile in being used as a quick detailer and a rinseless wash. I have even used it with the 22ple clay bar as clay lube. You will enjoy it. Just note that it will take a few extra swipes to buff it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2of2p0tACQ&ab_channel=Sky%27stheLimitCarCare

bob m
03-26-2021, 04:04 PM
I have not used Frothe and it really does not peak my interest. But EcH20 is a solid choice. Its primary job is a waterless wash. But it is quite versatile in being used as a quick detailer and a rinseless wash. I have even used it with the 22ple clay bar as clay lube. You will enjoy it. Just note that it will take a few extra swipes to buff it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2of2p0tACQ&ab_channel=Sky%27stheLimitCarCare

I was looking at Echo, but realized when perusing CarPro's site and saw Ultima's WW and realized I still had a full bottle left. I do like Ultima though and have using it - sparingly as a WW for a few years. But I wonder how it compares to Echo?

Klasse Act
03-26-2021, 05:15 PM
I love ECHO as a RW but the ratio for WW can be tricky[emoji848]

bfielder32087
03-26-2021, 05:46 PM
I love ECHO as a RW but the ratio for WW can be tricky[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkSeconded. Tricky is the right word. Or finicky. I also love it as a RW. Super slick and glossy.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Coatingsarecrack
03-27-2021, 12:34 AM
Ech20’s wipe off is annoying as i can’t find the prefect dilution as a waterless. Wipe off too streaky. I ‘ll put the effort in if i’m looking to clean a little and want some added gloss. Never tried as a rinseless. Not impressed with cleaning power.

I prefer Ammo Frothe because I feel it’s the safest, not the easiest, if your not going to do a bucket wash.

I find it easy just use alot of towels. If i don’t frothe plan B is a rinselss with Griots brilliant shine rinseless.

I look at Ech20 as a gloss enhancing product not a cleaning product. Frothe for cleaning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
03-27-2021, 06:31 AM
Honestly comparing these 2 are apples and oranges. Because of how tricky ECHO is as a WW I use it pretty much exclusively as a RW and never ever have an issue. In fact, when I do a RW with ECHO, i always wonder why I'm not using it more often. I started with DG RW and loved it (I'm sure it's still awesome), then Wolfgang Uber RW and again, blown away and finally ECHO[emoji779]

As far as ECHO the added work if buffing is no different than the finicky nature of ECHO as a WW because they both require a buff after the initial cleaning.