PDA

View Full Version : XMT Series Polish

astrob0y
04-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Hey I am thinking about polishing my car today (first time!!) and i was wondering if it is okay to use it in the sun. It's partly cloudy today and it's about low 50's so it won't get too hot.

budman3
04-08-2008, 09:11 AM
It may be fine. Can you park in the shade at all? The polish will likely dry up a tad faster than usual, so be sure to wipe off excess residue in a quick manner. Since it is only partly cloudy and not too hot, you should be fine.

astrob0y
04-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the reply, i only have a driveway thats right next to my house and my neighbor's house so i might be able to get some shade there depending on the time of the day.

lethalxls1
04-08-2008, 11:47 AM
I would advise you not to use xmt medium or ultra fine swirl remover in direct sunlight. I made that mistake back when I first got my PC. It is misery.

badhemi
04-08-2008, 01:36 PM
try early morning or just before sunset. unless you have halogen lights on a stand and can do it in the evening.

astrob0y
04-09-2008, 09:01 AM
would the cold weather affect polishing? because i was doing it when it was about 40 degrees out and when i buff off the polish it leaves a cloudy look, is it because i'm not breaking down the polish enough?
i'm using the XMT fine swirl remover and then the ultra fine

RTexasF
04-09-2008, 09:05 AM
I thought the XMT polishes were developed specifically to use in direct sunlight........I've done so in temps above 85f (surface hotter) and zero problems.

Surfer
04-09-2008, 10:48 AM
I thought the XMT polishes were developed specifically to use in direct sunlight........I've done so in temps above 85f (surface hotter) and zero problems.Thats what I thought as well?

:::houseofbunny:::
04-09-2008, 05:48 PM
I tried XMT3, once, in direct sun-on a dark car-in mid 70's weather. It dried on the panel before I even turned the machine on. It didn't keep me from trying. I made my way around the entire roof (six tries). I'm still learning so maybe there were other factors at play, but that was a bad experience. I try not to repeat it.