PDA

View Full Version : WHATS THE BEST iRON REMOVER

Whysolit
03-25-2021, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure which one to get or which one will give me the best results, I hear Iron x is good and then I hear that Adams is good. But I dont know if the 2 in 1 Capro Trix is good to have.

sudsmobile
03-25-2021, 03:06 PM
Things like that where the active ingredient is basically identical, it's six of one half dozen of another.

Bruno Soares
03-25-2021, 03:11 PM
Trix is not as effective as using Iron X + Tar X individually but it can help if you need to treat the whole car for Tar but neither contamination is heavy.

As far as Iron removers, I've tried a couple and Iron X seems to be the strongest but it can also vary per car so unless you're comparing more than 1 product on the same car, it's hard to tell. I rarely get any purple from my cars anyways. The smell is terrible on all of the ones I've tried.

You're probably good with any Iron Remover you choose from Autogeek.

Whysolit
03-25-2021, 04:51 PM
Wait they sell iron remover on here? And u bought it from here? And can you use all of them when the cars wet?

Whysolit
03-25-2021, 04:52 PM
@suds what you mean by “ half dozen of another” because I seen some get containment’s better tho on YouTube videos

TTQ B4U
03-25-2021, 04:59 PM
I've used them all. Pick one. They all work. Blackfire and others are on a 40% off sale today. Combined with the 20% off gift cards I bought I saved a boat load and stocked up.

Bruno Soares
03-25-2021, 06:44 PM
Wait they sell iron remover on here? And u bought it from here? And can you use all of them when the cars wet?

Auto Geek- Your Car Wax SuperStore, Car Wax, Auto Detailing Supplies , Car Accessories, Car Buffers Store, We Are Car Care (https://www.autogeek.net/searchresults.html?catalog=autogeek&query=Iron+remover&submit=Go&.autodone=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.autogeek.net%2F)

Hermes1
03-26-2021, 07:45 PM
I have used three and they all did the job equally as well. I can't imagine the formulation on a product like this would vary significantly enough, if at all, to make a difference.

The Guz
03-26-2021, 07:57 PM
They all do the same thing and they all smell. Pick one and go with it. Meguiar's D11801, Optimum Ferrex, CarPro Ironx, Gtechniq W6, Wolfgang are all good options. Gtechniq seems just a bit more potent. I am currently using Meguiar's as I am on my second gallon of it.

Whysolit
03-27-2021, 08:44 AM
I’ll try gtechniq then and I know some are more powerful then the other tho

JDGolden
03-27-2021, 09:15 AM
I’ve used iron-x, McKees, Gyeon, and Sonax. They all worked. I have Blackfire now but haven’t used it yet.

sudsmobile
03-28-2021, 09:51 AM
@suds what you mean by “ half dozen of another” because I seen some get containment’s better tho on YouTube videos

You've seen what somebody wanted you to see. They're all the same.