PDA

View Full Version : pretty new, but have learned enough to hear great things about RUPES

Lance Mark
03-24-2021, 12:30 PM
I hope it's not poor form to mention another manufacturer here, my intentions are to learn a bit more about these tools.

I recently bought a G8 and really like it, the G9 is on the way, but there was a short delay. It got me thinking, if the delay turns into longer than anticipated, what alternatives would I consider?

In the RUPES lineup, it looks the Duetto would be a comparable alternative.

Any thoughts on either or both? Am I off in thinking these are similar tools?

vobro
03-24-2021, 05:42 PM
They both are similar tools but only the Griots comes with the lifetime warranty. I love the Duetto (very smooth,less vibration)and the G9 may be stronger but a tick louder. Can’t go wrong with either imho but for me for the money,warranty and ergonomics I’d choose the Griots

PaulMys
03-24-2021, 05:52 PM
I hope it's not poor form to mention another manufacturer hereould I consider?

No poor form at all. AutoGeek sells Rupes products. There are maybe a thousand Rupes threads here. No worries. :)

Coatingsarecrack
03-24-2021, 06:24 PM
I hope it's not poor form to mention another manufacturer here, my intentions are to learn a bit more about these tools.

I recently bought a G8 and really like it, the G9 is on the way, but there was a short delay. It got me thinking, if the delay turns into longer than anticipated, what alternatives would I consider?

In the RUPES lineup, it looks the Duetto would be a comparable alternative.

Any thoughts on either or both? Am I off in thinking these are similar tools?

If sticking with 8mm go with the Griots. If going long throw (15&21mm) and money not a consideration go with the Rupes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2wookies
03-24-2021, 07:05 PM
Man you’re comparing two similar but completely different machines. The G9 on paper might look similar but it doesn’t have the same power. If you’re ok with spending the money on the Rupes go that route, but only if you plan on using it at least 5 times a month.

The Guz
03-24-2021, 09:47 PM
I would pass on the Rupes Duetto. It is a nice and comfortable machine but it is due for an upgrade. I sold my Duetto. I haven't used the G9 and don't plan on purchasing one so you may be better off with it.

Lance Mark
03-25-2021, 07:45 AM
Thanks for all the replies, folks.

2wookies, your response was why I came, I am trying to figure out the difference and similarities